Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Over flow

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2004, 01:11 PM   #1
compact007
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Over flow

My strawberry honey wheat fermented so much that it leaked out the to[p of my mr beer container, and a gunk that looked like maybe yeast and stuff was left over, now the bubbles are still to the top but i may have lost some yeast, is that ok?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2004, 09:41 PM   #2
richanne
Recipes 

How much overflow did you have?

Do you have a hole in the top of your lid with an airlock, or are you relying on the groves in the lid for release of pressure?

You should be OK. Overflow is not unheard of at all in brewing circles. We had some overflow on a wheat beer recently that was in a 5-gallon glass carboy in the tub. We used an overflow tube into a glass jar until the overflow subsided. You may not be able to do that with the Mr. Beer fermenter, but if the overflow has quit, you should be fine.

Old 12-03-2004, 10:44 PM   #3
compact007
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by richanne
How much overflow did you have?

Do you have a hole in the top of your lid with an airlock, or are you relying on the groves in the lid for release of pressure?

You should be OK. Overflow is not unheard of at all in brewing circles. We had some overflow on a wheat beer recently that was in a 5-gallon glass carboy in the tub. We used an overflow tube into a glass jar until the overflow subsided. You may not be able to do that with the Mr. Beer fermenter, but if the overflow has quit, you should be fine.

awesome, thanks for the input, and it does smell awesome in that room now. and wort is still bubbling alot so that should be a good sign.

also here is another question, priming 5 L mini kegs, how much sugar? if anyone know that will be a great help!!!

Quick Reply