Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Outta homebrew!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2007, 08:04 AM   #1
simzy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Default Outta homebrew!!!

I have about 8 beers left from my nut brown ale, and my current brew is still about a month and a half away from being ready . Till then I'm attempting to stretch out my remaining homebrew by drinking the left over bud-light and michelob ultra a buddy left over.

I'm not attempting to start another bud tastes like piss thread, only trying to express how I enjoy homebrew much more.

I also learned a valuable lesson....brew more !!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2007, 09:19 AM   #2
DeadYetiBrew
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'm new to homebrewing, having only two brews, 1 yesterday and 1 today... However I already love it. With a ***tty electric stove i have to basically have the wort completely covered to get a boil and maintain, it's still fun and love the process. Watching the fermentation is awesome and the smell's not half bad...
I got into it because i was tired of worthless beer, bud, coors, michelob, the list goes on.

What my plan is, is to brew as much as I can without going over the amount of space I have. Once I'm overstocked on beer, I'll stop till they're about half gone and re-brew. Around my household the 10 gallons i already have are going to be gone before my third is ready lol...

I hope you can hold out for the next batch of ready beers.

Old 01-14-2007, 12:42 PM   #3
McCall St. Brewer
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I'm down to my last case. I have an altbier in the secondary, which really should stay there for quite awhile. I have my "half dead guy ale" still fermenting in the primary, and that's it. Looks like it could be awhile before either of those is ready. I think I'll have to drink bourbon for awhile (wish it were legal to make your own at home ).

Old 01-14-2007, 02:51 PM   #4
Pumbaa
I prefer 23383
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 69 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by simzy
I also learned a valuable lesson....brew more !!!
That can bite you in the arse the other way too . . . I've got 12 cases of beer and cant brew anymore until I get rid of some of this stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmditter
I'm down to my last case. I have an altbier in the secondary, which really should stay there for quite awhile. I have my "half dead guy ale" still fermenting in the primary, and that's it. Looks like it could be awhile before either of those is ready. I think I'll have to drink bourbon for awhile (wish it were legal to make your own at home ).
/SMACK
swing by the house and come pick some up if ya want. I'll trade ya case for case homebrew for bottles . . . Bottels are $1.20 a case at discount liquer 58th and Okalhoma)

Old 01-14-2007, 03:55 PM   #5
david_42

Recipes 

Liked 134 Times on 127 Posts

It took a while to build up a buffer, but now I brew when a keg kicks. If I get the urge , I take a keg to a club meeting. Dragging an empty home after a homebrewers meeting is a good feeling.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 01-14-2007, 04:46 PM   #6
knipknup
Bloody John Roberts
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Irresponsible! Better quick brew up an ale that will only take a few weeks. Your pittance will be spending $$ on store bought beer...

Every pirate lives for something different. For some, it's the open sea. For others (the masochists), it's the food. For you, it's definitely the fighting. Two things complete your pirate persona: style and swagger. Maybe a little too much swagger sometimes -- but who really cares? Arr!

Old 01-14-2007, 06:26 PM   #7
Evan!

Recipes 

Liked 69 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Oye. I've got a "backlog" of probably 14 cases of 12oz homebrews and about 7 cases of various large format bottles. If I ever started to run low on homebrew, I dunno what I'd do. I mean, I'm seriously worried about the day I run out of Imperial Stout and Winter Warmer. And SWMBO has already told me that I have to brew her more IPA and hefe so we stay stocked through the summer. Twist my arm...

.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

Old 01-14-2007, 06:58 PM   #8
homebrewer_99

Recipes 

Liked 84 Times on 74 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumbaa
That can bite you in the arse the other way too . . . I've got 12 cases of beer and cant brew anymore until I get rid of some of this stuff.
/SMACK swing by the house and come pick some up if ya want. I'll trade ya case for case homebrew for bottles . . . Bottels are $1.20 a case at discount liquer 58th and Okalhoma)
I have over 12 cases full, plus a bunch of 5 liter kegs, and still have over 15 empty cases.

Anyone want to swing by for about 2-3 cases of (green Spaten) empty 12 oz?

I'm warning ya up front though, you have to drink some while you're here!

Old 01-14-2007, 07:04 PM   #9
Evan!

Recipes 

Liked 69 Times on 61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebrewer_99
I have over 12 cases full, plus a bunch of 5 liter kegs, and still have over 15 empty cases.

Anyone want to swing by for about 2-3 cases of (green Spaten) empty 12 oz?

I'm warning ya up front though, you have to drink some while you're here!
Real slick, big man...trying to pawn off your greenies on some poor unsuspecting newbie who doesn't know any better.

Plus...who the hell lives in Illinois?

.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

Quick Reply