DromJohn
5 Gallon Mini-Mash Brewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 54 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Default Organic kits

I am predominantly a kit brewer, and SWMBO, recently in cancer remission, wishes to purchase as many organic products as possible. Briess and Great Western, and probably others have many organic products, but I do not brew enough to justify buying in bulk. AHS has only Organic Brewers 2-row Malt, which I used for my only recent non-kit purchase. AHS is willing to work with me to substitute the organic, but it happens that the chosen kits so far haven't used 2-row. SWMBO and I have chosen the kits over the organic, but wish that AHS carried more organic options.

1) We wish that AHS had a toggle organic option for every kit that used 2-row, like they have toggle options for mini-mash/allgrain (calculated to up the price for the organic subsitute.)

2) Does any other vendor have kits with organic malts?

Drinking: Scaldis Belgian Special Ale; AHS Budget IPA; William Moore's Summer Beer; Redhook Double Black Stout III; Chrysanthemum Honey Rye Ale; Cherry Porter; AHS SuperCaliFugglisticESBAledocious; Innis & Gunn Original II; Rafikah Rose's GF Pear Ale; NB La Petite Orange Blanche.
Secondary: NB The Plinian Legacy (first dry hopping)
Untappd: DromJohn

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2013, 04:12 PM   #2
Pappers_
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 937 Times on 665 Posts
Likes Given: 2007

Seven Bridges Cooperative is a homebrew retailer that only sells organic malts and hops. They are in California but ship everywhere. You can find them at www.breworganic.com and they have a good assortment of kits.

I buy hops from them and sometimes specialty malts.

Edit: Best wishes to you and your wife, I'm glad to hear that she is doing well.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply