New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > one has to go....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2007, 06:44 PM   #21
johnsma22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 32 Times on 26 Posts

My wife demands that I brew when the beer supply starts to get low! Just lucky I guess!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2007, 07:03 PM   #22
Schlenkerla

Recipes 

Liked 64 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd
I've been married 6 yrs.

I guess I just took what you were saying wrong. If my wife is watching shows I don't like I also don't hang out with her. She has never told me to quite doing something I like, I took that to mean you had a problem.

Sorry.
Todd - No problem, my wife misses me I was gone in China during our anniversary. She knew this ahead of time and got a large string of pearls, pearl earings and a pearl bracelet. I got nothing at all for my part of being a husband, but I'm not upset about this. As far as the last month goes I spent 4 weeks in China, one week at home taking care of honey-dos while she was at work.

Just lately she was bitchy about time because of the travel. Her best friend's relationship is on the the rocks, her friend's husband was injured on the job and he's also a diabetic that doesn't take care of himself or his wife. So he's at home and does nothing to keep the house up. Impotency is a problem too. My wife's friend is screwing around out of displeasure over the situation when she visits our house. I don't like that at all. I don't want strange men in our house and especially so when I'm not there. I'm also kind of friends with him too.

My wife seems to draw crazy parallels to their relationship and ours and its nowhere even close. I need to spend time with my wife, too much time alone is not good for them if you know what I mean. She not used to me being gone either.

If I spend time in front of the computer chatting with you guys at night she will have grounds to be pissed.

BS Nano-Brewery

Primary: SNPA Clone, Apfelwein
2ndary: Empty
Drinking: Dead Ringer IPA, Ma Duece (50 caliber) - Malt Liquor, Cranberry Wheat
Next: Cali-Common, American Amber, Smoked to Helles

|Myeast 50327|Easy Hop Oast|Smoked Homebrew|

Last edited by Schlenkerla; 06-07-2007 at 07:10 PM.

Old 06-07-2007, 07:07 PM   #23
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 340 Times on 281 Posts
Likes Given: 92

The only thing my wife bitches about with the brewing is that I use too many hops!

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

That'll do, Pigley. That'll do.

Old 06-07-2007, 07:20 PM   #24
Beerrific

Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I caught sh!t from SWMBO last time I brewed because it took so long. It was myfirst mini-mash, I told her it would take 2 hours...oops! But, I think she is over it since she helped me bottle last week.

From now on:
SWMBO: "How long is this going to take?"
Me: "All day!"
SWMBO: "Can we go ___ after you are done?"
Me: "Nope, I am going to be too tired."

Last edited by Beerrific; 06-07-2007 at 07:37 PM.

Old 06-07-2007, 07:26 PM   #25
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 340 Times on 281 Posts
Likes Given: 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerrific
I caught sh!t from SWMBO last time I brewed because it took so long. It was myfirst mini-mash, I told her it would take 2 hours...opps! But, I think she is over it since she helped me bottle last week.

From now on:
SWMBO: "How long is this going to take?"
Me: "All day!"
SWMBO: "Can we go ___ after you are done?"
Me: "Nope, I am going to be too tired."
Change the last line to "Sure, if you help me clean up!"

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

That'll do, Pigley. That'll do.

Old 06-07-2007, 07:41 PM   #26
rdwj

Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 13 Posts

Outside of not liking anything I make, my wife is mostly fine with brewing. Sometimes she gets annoyed that a session takes so long, but I guess she thinks it's better than some other things I could be doing.

Thankfully, we both pretty much like the same shows, movies and food and have similar outlooks on life. I guess that's why we get along so well.

Old 06-07-2007, 07:50 PM   #27
Evan!

Recipes 

Liked 62 Times on 56 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwj
Outside of not liking anything I make, my wife is mostly fine with brewing. Sometimes she gets annoyed that a session takes so long, but I guess she thinks it's better than some other things I could be doing.

Thankfully, we both pretty much like the same shows, movies and food and have similar outlooks on life. I guess that's why we get along so well.
Yeah, the wife got a little peeved when I was brewing like an effing madman there for awhile---just trying to get in as much as possible before summer temps made my basement no good for fermenting---but yeah, it was overboard. She had grounds to complain, since brewing typically means that she loses me for half of a saturday, and it was happening all the time. So I took a good long break, and when I brewed a couple weeks ago, she was totally cool with it. Give, take, compromise.

Oh, and you know, if she doesn't like what you brew, then you should make better beer.

.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

Old 06-07-2007, 07:55 PM   #28
Ó Flannagáin
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 10 Posts

I'm with ya Evan, my wife is very cool with brewing except when I go on a binge. I brewed about 8 batches in 7 weeks. She was starting to get alittle pissed off. But, took a big long break as well, spent a few hours bottling today, no complaints.

Old 06-07-2007, 07:56 PM   #29
Ó Flannagáin
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 10 Posts

LOL, 3 pages and the original poster hasn't even replied. He was probably just blowing off steam, found this board, made the simple post and has no idea what he started.

Old 06-07-2007, 08:53 PM   #30
DeadYetiBrew
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by seefresh
LOL, 3 pages and the original poster hasn't even replied. He was probably just blowing off steam, found this board, made the simple post and has no idea what he started.
LOL! Probably... I think his underlying issue was that he probably talked constantly about it and wouldn't let her help...

Shoulda gotten her involved in the brewing operations and made it about her.

Quick Reply