Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > one has to go....

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2007, 04:11 PM   #11
eager_brewer
Face down on the floor
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

My wife bought me my first brew bucket a 1 1/2 years ago. It was not even a complete kit it was just a fermenting bucket and the ingrediant kit. Now my operation has taken a chunk of the garage but she has yet to say one word. I find that wives tend to overlook all of the money that they spend on shopping and other things and only focus on what the man spends. Good luck!

Upnext:Double Bastard Clone
Primary: Empty
Primary:Empty
Secondary: Empty
Secondary:Double Bastard CLone
Kegged: DFH 60 min Clone
Kegged: AHBS Pallisade IPA

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2007, 04:18 PM   #12
Desert_Sky

Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 2

welcome to the single life!

Now go make some beer

Old 06-07-2007, 05:37 PM   #13
homebrewer_99

Recipes 

Liked 89 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 1

If you're asking us to help you decide then the ONLY reasonable reply is...let's see a picture of both of them...

OK, I was just being a complete a$$, but you could keep the supplies, but just go buy all your beer. Remember to keep ALL beer receipts. After 1-3 or 3-6 months do a price comparison.

However, if there underlying issues...you're not paying attention to her, etc., the trick is to say exactly the same thing to her when she's reading a book, or something. Then there's cuddling when she is not ready for it, like doing the laundry. Of course, there are drawbacks to those types of situations whic could lead to more sex. The down side is she'll wish you were in the basement brewing if you start to smother her.

Old 06-07-2007, 06:13 PM   #14
Schlenkerla

Recipes 

Liked 96 Times on 74 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default Wife or Brewing???

My wife bitches about the time I spend on the computer chatting with you guys and brewing.

She has no problem going out with the ladies when she wants and will watch an endless amount of crap TV. I hate crap TV; Oprah, American Idol, Survivor, Nanny 911, The HBO shows Intervention, MTV's Real World. Any reality BS Show.

She watches a ton of it. Just last night I said stop watching the stuff you know I hate and I will spend more time with you. Last night we watched 3 hours of "The Shield" together. We had to catch up on the show we watch while I was out of the country for two weeks.

You have to agree on how much time you spend together and how much time you spend doing your thing.

I would never give up brewing for my wife just because she doesn't like it very much. I won't allow her to make those kind of rules for me. If I did, they would never stop coming. She's not my mother. If my wife was ill and couldn't take care of herself then thats another case. The reason would have to be really good for me to quit this hobby.

If you like doing it, then do it. Its no longer lent!!

Make her give up something she likes doing. See what she says.

My wife has no hobby, she needs one. She never seems to find one. Her life revolves around TV. I will bring it up everytime crap TV is on....

It might be phase shes going through. I would just talk it out, a lot of times they just want to heard.

BS Nano-Brewery

|Myeast 50327|Easy Hop Oast|Smoked Homebrew|

Old 06-07-2007, 06:38 PM   #15
Todd
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Honestly I see a divorce in your future. You seem to have a very negative attitude about the woman who is suppose to be your soul mate. The person who completes you.

Why did you get married?

Do you spend too much time brewing? Do you drink too much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlenkerla
My wife bitches about the time I spend on the computer chatting with you guys and brewing.

She has no problem going out with the ladies when she wants and will watch an endless amount of crap TV. I hate crap TV; Oprah, American Idol, Survivor, Nanny 911, The HBO shows Intervention, MTV's Real World. Any reality BS Show.

She watches a ton of it. Just last night I said stop watching the stuff you know I hate and I will spend more time with you. Last night we watched 3 hours of "The Shield" together. We had to catch up on the show we watch while I was out of the country for two weeks.

You have to agree on how much time you spend together and how much time you spend doing your thing.

I would never give up brewing for my wife just because she doesn't like it very much. I won't allow her to make those kind of rules for me. If I did, they would never stop coming. She's not my mother. If my wife was ill and couldn't take care of herself then thats another case. The reason would have to be really good for me to quit this hobby.

If you like doing it, then do it. Its no longer lent!!

Make her give up something she likes doing. See what she says.

My wife has no hobby, she needs one. She never seems to find one. Her life revolves around TV. I will bring it up everytime crap TV is on....

It might be phase shes going through. I would just talk it out, a lot of times they just want to heard.

Old 06-07-2007, 07:03 PM   #16
HenryHill

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Opposites attract-seems weird but it works. It just isn't always easy.

My wife's hobby is throwing parties. Gets old and can be a PITA. Wish she would just get a hobby different than trying to control mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrregularPulse View Post
This is HBT of course. Normal Thread that goes every direction but the one intended. This forum should be scientific proof the beer causes ADD

Old 06-07-2007, 07:06 PM   #17
Schlenkerla

Recipes 

Liked 96 Times on 74 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd
Honestly I see a divorce in your future. You seem to have a very negative attitude about the woman who is suppose to be your soul mate. The person who completes you.

Why did you get married?

Do you spend too much time brewing? Do you drink too much?
OMG are you a newlywed or did you just finish watching Jerry Mcguire?

I think you are dead wrong. I been married 9 years, common law 16 years. I will spend all of the time she wants with her as long as its something we can do that we both like. I will not give up somthing I like to do something I detest. Frankly, that's not fair and will never happen. (On a regular basis)

Its a two way street here. She doesn't make all of the rules. If she did it would not be a balanced relationship. To answer your question, no I don't spend too much time brewing and I hardly drink.

If I was to divorce my wife it would not be for brewing or drinking. I would be for her thinking she can make all the rules in this relationship. My wife can be overbearing at times and tends to worry too much about little things. She takes meds for it too.

My point earlier is sometimes you need to placate to their desires and feelings. They seem to operate off of emotion more so than logic at times. As I said earlier somethimes they just want to be heard and know that you care.

If you don't know this already you don't know women very well. -

BS Nano-Brewery

|Myeast 50327|Easy Hop Oast|Smoked Homebrew|

Old 06-07-2007, 07:26 PM   #18
Todd
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I've been married 6 yrs.

I guess I just took what you were saying wrong. If my wife is watching shows I don't like I also don't hang out with her. She has never told me to quite doing something I like, I took that to mean you had a problem.

Sorry.

Quote:

I think you are dead wrong. I been married 9 years, common law 16 years. I will spend all of the time she wants with her as long as its something we can do that we both like. I will not give up somthing I like to do something I detest. Frankly, that's not fair and will never happen. (On a regular basis)

Its a two way street here. She doesn't make all of the rules. If she did it would not be a balanced relationship. To answer your question, no I don't spend too much time brewing and I hardly drink.

If I was to divorce my wife it would not be for brewing or drinking. I would be for her thinking she can make all the rules in this relationship. My wife can be overbearing at times and tends to worry too much about little things. She takes meds for it too.

My point earlier is sometimes you need to placate to their desires and feelings. They seem to operate off of emotion more so than logic at times. As I said earlier somethimes they just want to be heard and know that you care.

If you don't know this already you don't know women very well. -

Old 06-07-2007, 07:29 PM   #19
EdWort

Recipes 

Liked 277 Times on 142 Posts

SWMBO has her horses. I brew every time she goes trail riding with her girlfriends. It's a good deal. She's gone, I brew, & when she gets back, we both enjoy a cold one.

Cheers,

EdWort

Haus Pale Ale, Bavarian Hefeweizen, Robust Porter, Oktoberfest Ale, Wounded Knee IPA, Rye IPA, BCB IPA, Kolsch, Apfelwein

Old 06-07-2007, 07:33 PM   #20
Evan!

Recipes 

Liked 70 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
When I read that sappy brainwashing BS, I thought the same exact thing---you had me at "f*ck you".

Honestly, thought, if you really, truly love brewing, and you explain this to your wife, and she still demands that you stop it altogether, then I doubt such a relationship has a great future. There are two of you in this relationship, and for her to demand that you stop doing something that you love is pretty f'd up and illustrates, to me at least, that she has very little respect for you or the relationship. Now, of course, all that changes if your habit is becoming destructive...for example, if you have kids and its causing you to be a bad father because you spend all your time brewing, dreaming about brewing, and drinking. Or maybe you're spending all your money on it. That's a valid issue too. But to just demand that you stop it altogether is BS. My wife didn't like the smell of the brewing process, or the mess it made in the kitchen, so we compromised and I bought turkey fryers and do it all outside. She loves my brew and supports my hoppy hobby wholeheartedly. That's how things should work. Even if your wife doesn't like your brew, the least she could do is have a little respect for you.

.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

Quick Reply

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS