Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > In Omaha today, Upstream Brewery Good!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2007, 02:58 PM   #1
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 912 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Default In Omaha today, Upstream Brewery Good!

I wasn't particularly thrilled with being sent to Omaha.. hey, I'm a coast type of guy. The silver lining is Upstream Brewery in Old Town Omaha. I got the 11 beer sampler and I liked most of them. Most brewpubs I've been to put maybe 5-6 brews in the lineup, but this kind of variety was a real treat.

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2007, 03:14 PM   #2
Reverend JC
2500 gallons year to date
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Welcome to the area! The upstream has some good beers and some very good beers. One of them is a Silver medal holder from the GABF.

I hope to god you had something beef related for lunch or dinner, seafood is not that good here but the beef..........................................is it lunch time yet?

"Just because i don't care dosen't mean I don't understand." -Homer Simpson

http://www.modernmonks.com

Old 04-18-2007, 04:24 PM   #3
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 

Recipes 

Yup, Omaha Steaks NY strip steak. To be honest, after the 44oz beer sampler I could barely eat that steak. I'll probably go back tonight and have a few pints of my favorites.

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Old 04-18-2007, 05:39 PM   #4
Dude
Will work for beer

Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 5

YOU SUCK!

I loved Upstream when I was there. Honestly, the beer selection was only 5-6. They've done some serious upgrading since I was there!

We'll be there in June--can't wait to try it out again.

The only thing I didn't like about Upstream was i thought it was a little pricey.

Bobby, if oyu like Irish bars, jsut down the street (walking distance) is a great Irish bar called the Dubliner. Worth checking out.

I think Omaha has another brew pub now too...Crescent something. Might be worth checking out as well.

Up Next: Smoked Porter -- Pub Ale -- Watermelon Wheat
Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com

Old 04-18-2007, 07:03 PM   #5
loopmd

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude
YOU SUCK!

I loved Upstream when I was there. Honestly, the beer selection was only 5-6. They've done some serious upgrading since I was there!

We'll be there in June--can't wait to try it out again.

The only thing I didn't like about Upstream was i thought it was a little pricey.

Bobby, if oyu like Irish bars, jsut down the street (walking distance) is a great Irish bar called the Dubliner. Worth checking out.

I think Omaha has another brew pub now too...Crescent something. Might be worth checking out as well.

Dude...when are you going to be in Omaha? The Crescent Moon on 35th and Farnum....it's a little ways from the Upstream. Ahhhh, the Upstream. My favorite hangout. I've been on a kick for their Firehouse ESB, filled quite a few growlers these past few months. They have a place on the west end of Omaha that is closer, but the place in the Old Market downtown is great.
Welcome to town, Bobby. Gonna be here long?

loop

Old 04-19-2007, 02:20 AM   #6
Bugeaterbrewing
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Ah yes, the Upstream. I haven't been there since ....ah....dinner tonight. They have a really nice amber lager on tap right now as a specialty beer. If you want a real treat buy a bottle of their Gueze or Gran Cru. Those are some incredible beers!

You should have been there last month with they had the best dopplebock I have ever had.

Yeah, they are a bit pricey. You can save a little by showing your AHA membership card. That will get you happy hour prices ($2 a pint) anytime.

Wayne
Bugeater Brewing Company

Old 04-19-2007, 04:32 AM   #7
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 

Recipes 

So I had dinner there yesterday then lunch and dinner tonight. Had quite a few pints and steak. I'm here until Friday morning.

New Stuff?

Old 04-19-2007, 04:28 PM   #8
Reverend JC
2500 gallons year to date

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Bobby, head west young man! While you are in Omaha you need to head out to West Center Rd and eat at Lazlos. They are a brewery as well with beers i would say are compariable if not better in some instances!

When there have their BBQ Ribs and Chicken.......you can not go wrong! They have a very good ESB and Porter.

"Just because i don't care dosen't mean I don't understand." -Homer Simpson

http://www.modernmonks.com

Old 05-30-2007, 04:19 AM   #9
sause
Steel Comma Ale & Lagery

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

I just ate there and I really liked it. The roast beef sanwich was very good so was the Greek Pizza. They were out of the ESB but I had the IPA and it was preety good comma better than most. They had a Scotish Beer on the Beer Engine it was not the best Scotish I've had. But if I ever was in Omaha again I would definity hit this spot again. Luckly I got in at 7 so dinner was still on.

Quick Reply