Ok! So I am really stupid....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saxmk6

Reaction score
I get my mash into the cooler...Smells great, temp perfect....and Oh...no...I fogot to attach the bottom for draining.....This could be an interesting brew....Going to have to be a slow batch sparge to try and keep grains from getting into the boil pot. Might even get stuck and them I'm in trouble....:eek:

I'm guessing it's been taken care of by now (it's 2 hrs later so I would hope so), but if it happens again and you have a couple of buckets around, just dump it all into those once the mash is done, put the false bottom in, then dump it back in. I had to do this when I had a stuck sparge on my pumpkin ale using a braid.

Thats what I ended up doing. I could not believe I missed that. Oh well. live and learn I guess....:eek:

I forgot to put the braid in the MLT once.....just dumped it all out, attached the braid, and put the mash back in. Came out OK.

Back