New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermeneter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Obama is a homebrewer




Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2012, 08:20 PM   #671
thebige76
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ambler, PA
Posts: 4
Default

So what's the recipe?



__________________
thebige76 is offline
 
Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2012, 08:29 PM   #672
mb82
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Charlottesville, Va
Posts: 557
Liked 42 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Default

Simply put I DON'T CARE! Not because I am not interested but because it could be the greatest beer of all time and such a large percentage of people would hate it simply because of who brewed it or commissioned it to be brewed( whichever is the reality of it).
Also I am one who believes that there are parts of the presidents life that need to be kept to the president, this is one of those things. I don't want to know everything about the president, does he/she like good beer is all I need to know on the subject of beer. If that beer is a style I don't like I won't hold it against him/her, everyone is entitled to their opinion.



__________________
mb82 is offline
 
Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2012, 08:38 PM   #673
Wynne-R
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 866
Liked 74 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 72

Default

Maybe it’s a secret because of foreign ingredients. What if they had the temerity to use Saaz or Munich or Nottingham?

It is silly season.

I read that he had 10 gallons for the Superbowl with 200 guests. So even with a White House invitation, it’s only a 50/50 shot of getting one. Pretty much zero chance of getting two.

__________________
Wynne-R is offline
 
Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2012, 08:39 PM   #674
AZ_IPA
PKU
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
AZ_IPA's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Cold Part of AZ
Posts: 40,601
Liked 5728 Times on 5096 Posts
Likes Given: 567

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpoder View Post
I don't know why there are so many haters...
I hate it because there's 758 new threads about the subject everyday.
__________________
AZ_IPA is offline
 
Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2012, 08:42 PM   #675
passedpawn
Moderator
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
passedpawn's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: ☼ Clearwater, FL ☼
Posts: 17,472
Liked 2630 Times on 1696 Posts
Likes Given: 2138

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_IPA View Post
I hate it because there's 758 new threads about the subject everyday.
It's only a few. Exaggerate and you've already conceded your point.
__________________
Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. There is no spoon.
passedpawn is offline
 
Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2012, 08:43 PM   #676
AZ_IPA
PKU
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
AZ_IPA's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Cold Part of AZ
Posts: 40,601
Liked 5728 Times on 5096 Posts
Likes Given: 567

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by passedpawn View Post
It's only a few. Exaggerate and you've already conceded your point.
Regarldess of the true number, it's a "staggering" amount.
__________________
AZ_IPA is offline
 
Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2012, 08:50 PM   #677
passedpawn
Moderator
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
passedpawn's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: ☼ Clearwater, FL ☼
Posts: 17,472
Liked 2630 Times on 1696 Posts
Likes Given: 2138

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_IPA View Post
Regarldess of the true number, it's a "staggering" amount.
heh.
__________________
Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. There is no spoon.
passedpawn is offline
 
Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2012, 08:56 PM   #678
jmtwo
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Las Cruces, NM
Posts: 92
Liked 15 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default

Whew! Glad you started a new thread on this. There hadn't been a new thread on this in like 2-3 hours and I thought I was going to have to start one. I'll check back in a couple of hours, and if there isn't a new thread by then, maybe I'll start one then.

__________________
jmtwo is offline
 
Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2012, 10:06 PM   #679
demuzik
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Posts: 24
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default

Wouldn't it be fun to find the "Honey Ale" is actually just a BeeCave House clone?

I personally wouldn't be surprised...

__________________
demuzik is offline
 
Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2012, 11:15 PM   #680
rexbanner
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: DC
Posts: 1,372
Liked 94 Times on 67 Posts
Likes Given: 91

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLObrewer View Post
Not signing anything, it will end up creating more rules, laws, regulations, taxations and control.
Not really sure why you would draw this conclusion. The increased profile of beer has been met with great support in my state (Virginia). I just don't see the gov caring a wit about homebrewing, and when it comes to craft, anything that raises the public profile is a good thing. States are realizing the benefits that breweries bring (revenue, jobs, prestige). Increased awareness will make the general public angrier when BMC tries to mess with things, too.

From personal experience, I wrote our governor with some suggestions. A lot of other brewers and state congressman got involved, too. A few months later, some very great laws were passed in Virginia. Now, I'm a few months from opening my own nano and commercial hops operation at age 25.


__________________

Peep my nanobrewery: http://crookedrunbrewing.com

On tap at the brewery:
Logan's Song English pale
Hopsail Belgian single
Hellfire Black IPA
Summer Night raspberry dark saison

Crooked Run Brewing: Traditional ales, local ingredients

rexbanner is offline
 
Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread


Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Obama Beer PavlovsCat General Beer Discussion 38 11-04-2012 12:27 AM
Gift ideas - from homebrewer to a homebrewer kunstler General Beer Discussion 13 11-11-2009 09:18 PM
Obama - Prof. Gates - SGT. Crowley Jun General Beer Discussion 70 07-31-2009 07:05 PM
Barack Obama Non Blond Strong Lager Roeks General Beer Discussion 10 11-26-2008 02:48 AM