Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Not happy with the LHBS here in calgary

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2012, 02:08 AM   #11
insurgus
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBechthold View Post
This is a bit of a resurrection, but to be fair it is an ongoing issue. I have switched my LHBS several times in Calgary. If they aren't trying to rip me off, I found they were telling me to Eff off. The Vineyard has to be the worst service I ever experienced. A know-it-all jerk doesn't seem interested in talking craft at all.

I usually make the trek to the Wine Warehouse now despite it being out of the way. Great service, pretty good selection, good prices.
If you get to know some of the YW guys, you'll find some of us do bulk grain and hops orders monthy and mfg most of our own equipment. We have a tig welder, some lathe guys and a healthy supply of corny kegs.

You'll have to excuse the vinyard. Home brew equipment isn't worth squat and I think their focus is the wine kits. It's nice of them to carry homebrew equipment, but at the end of the day I wouldn't expect too much if it's not their primary focus. They usually have a good yeast and hops selection as well.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2012, 03:25 AM   #12
pyth
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Makes me grateful to have our LHBS in Halifax, they stock every type of grain and hops you could ever want. Brew sculptures, conicals just everything. Hell you can even phone in recipies, they'll make them up and you can just pop over and pick up your kit.

For being called "The Noble Grape" it seems like 70% of the store is dedicated to beer

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply