Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Not a happy customer!!
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2012, 03:38 PM   #11
JordanThomas
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 82 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedHopHead View Post
I would have to pay for the shipping back to NB so not worth it. Bottom line, I get items price adjusted all the time when something goes on sale. In fact I just had a bookshelf price adjusted at Target. It is really about the fact that I would have spent way more at NB with the 20$ gift card and the excellent customer service would have continued my business with them. As it stands now it will be taking my business elsewhere. Over the long run NB will lose much more $$ from me than the meager $20 gift card for a purchase which I had known was going to offered on special I would have waited a week for to order. It's all about keeping the customer happy and keeping their business isn't it?
It's all about being a successful business. They shouldn't dump money to you when you aren't entitled to it. That's a pretty poor business model, really. Companies say, "the customer is always right," but if you've ever worked in retail, you know that isn't remotely true. In your case, it isn't true. Just a simple example.

Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 03:44 PM   #12
osagedr
Recovering from Sobriety
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 96 Times on 80 Posts
Likes Given: 26

I bought a Blichmann floor burner in 2010; I want my $20 gift card.

2012 Canadian Brewer of the Year
2013 Canadian Brewer of the Year

@evilgoatbrewing

Old 12-06-2012, 03:47 PM   #13
Cromwell
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 72 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 132

Eh, not to be harsh about it, but if you're one of those customers that expects retro-active discounts, I'm guessing you're high-maintenance (especially since you say you do this all the time). Companies in general do whatever they can to get and keep good customers who like the company's products and services at the prices they offer. I'm guessing they're not really going to lose all that much profit from you.

Primary: Beer / Secondary: Beer / Lagering: Old beer.

People Like This 
Old 12-06-2012, 03:49 PM   #14
TyTanium
Recipes 

Liked 549 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 418

You've given me an idea. I'm gonna call the gov't in January and see if they'll honor 2012 rates.

Old 12-06-2012, 03:50 PM   #15
kh54s10
Recipes 

Liked 608 Times on 515 Posts
Likes Given: 164

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedHopHead View Post
I would have to pay for the shipping back to NB so not worth it. Bottom line, I get items price adjusted all the time when something goes on sale. In fact I just had a bookshelf price adjusted at Target. It is really about the fact that I would have spent way more at NB with the 20$ gift card and the excellent customer service would have continued my business with them. As it stands now it will be taking my business elsewhere. Over the long run NB will lose much more $$ from me than the meager $20 gift card for a purchase which I had known was going to offered on special I would have waited a week for to order. It's all about keeping the customer happy and keeping their business isn't it?
This is extremely lame!!!!
Old 12-06-2012, 03:56 PM   #16
fergusmj
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I think it all depends on what the policies are of the company. I know a lot of companies have a policy that if you bring in a receipt that shows you purchased a product at a higher price, and then it went on sale, then they will refund the different between your purchase price and the new sale price.

This is more of an offered service, not a required service.

I do agree with you, that it is frustrating, but I don't think I would let it deter me from using them for future business.

Old 12-06-2012, 04:27 PM   #17
bluemoose
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 140 Times on 103 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Wow. So you asked, they said no and what...you immediately post this? Take a great vendor that supports this site and blast them for not giving you something you were not entitled to in the firest place. You sir, are awesome! Your mother must be so proud.

Beer makes me pee.

People Like This 
Old 12-06-2012, 04:39 PM   #18
jborho
Recipes 

Default Lame

High maintence customer that NB does not need. I never once had an issue with their products or service. I understand your frustration with the unit going on sale shortly after you bought it, but bite the bullet and enjoy your burner. I think the post needs to be deleted.

Old 12-06-2012, 04:43 PM   #19
pwkblue
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default OP almost correct

I just read 2 pages of posts blasting the OP. What he describes is VERY common. Most retailers will honor and adjust a sales price for retroactive purchases. In fact one online retailer I buy from automatically sends "store credit" adjustments.

Why? Each new customer has a real and measurable cost. In most industries it is actually quite high...$200 - $300. For this reason the most important marketing is done to keep proven/existing customers happy. This is particularly true when the customer is a proven buyer of profitable or high end products.

A $20 credit to keep a customer happy is a wise marketing expense.

Old 12-06-2012, 04:53 PM   #20
TyTanium
Recipes 

Liked 549 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 418

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwkblue View Post
A $20 credit to keep a customer happy is a wise marketing expense.
Most would agree with your analysis. But that's NB's call, not the OPs. What is under the OPs control is his response.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply