Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Not a happy customer!!
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2012, 10:59 PM   #101
sonofgrok
n00basaurus
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 244 Times on 177 Posts
Likes Given: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedHopHead View Post
The thing is when I asked people I know and respect...
People you are close to told you exactly what you wanted to hear or think the same way you do? Get out! No freakin way!

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." ~Ernest Hemingway

People Like This 
Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 11:01 PM   #102
Hamsterbite
Recipes 

Liked 46 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattd2 View Post
Damn it you quoted me before the edit!
I agree with you too (that is what the edit was about), I don't think either of them did anything wrong in their dealings with each other. I just think the OP mis-estimated the reaction he would get by posting this topic
I can fix that!

Sometimes the angels punish us by answering our prayers. -Peart

Next Brew: SWMBO's choice. Probably Saison.
Primary: Janet's Brown, Mulled Chamomile Cider/Perry
Secondary: Nada
Bottle Conditioning: Nada
Bottled and Ready: Hop in the Dark, Raison Detre, Hoppy Saison

mattd2 Likes This 
Old 12-06-2012, 11:10 PM   #103
CatHead
Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 172

I think both NB and OP are both right. I see the point in not giving out a promotional item before or after the promotional time frame. But I have been known to get mad and not shop at a place over what I considered a slight by a business. In the end both businesses and customers have to make a decision based on their needs.

Old 12-06-2012, 11:11 PM   #104
Montanaandy
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwkblue View Post
I just read 2 pages of posts blasting the OP. What he describes is VERY common. Most retailers will honor and adjust a sales price for retroactive purchases. In fact one online retailer I buy from automatically sends "store credit" adjustments.

Why? Each new customer has a real and measurable cost. In most industries it is actually quite high...$200 - $300. For this reason the most important marketing is done to keep proven/existing customers happy. This is particularly true when the customer is a proven buyer of profitable or high end products.

A $20 credit to keep a customer happy is a wise marketing expense.
I too am surprised that there has been a bashing of the OP on this. I don't believe that 7 days is too far out to ask them to honor the $20. I know that I would and I have in fact done this before with vendors on this site where I have purchased a big ticket item and a few days later it goes on sale. They have always been accommodating.

As was stated, that $20 would likely lead to much more in additional sales. I know that I have spent many x the amount that was honored with each merchant. It's just good business...

Old 12-06-2012, 11:16 PM   #105
bighorn_brew
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 22

I have to agree with NB on this,,,you bought with no stated or implied price match or retroactive fulfillment of incentives....

Old 12-06-2012, 11:17 PM   #106
sonofgrok
n00basaurus

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaandy View Post
I too am surprised that there has been a bashing of the OP on this. I don't believe that 7 days is too far out to ask them to honor the $20.
It certainly isn't too far out to ASK but I don't think its appropriate to throw a tissy fit over being told no. Who sets the bar for what is "too far out"? If that was left to the customer, Christmas deals would have to last year round and the like. I know.. lets get the government involved and create an oversight committee... better yet, a whole agency dedicated to seeing that businesses are mandated to be fair to the customer. Fair being whatever they whine that they want or are entitled to.

Ask.. if you get it then awesome! If you don't, then oh well. You got exactly what you payed for and knew you were paying for when you got it.

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." ~Ernest Hemingway

Subsailor Likes This 
Old 12-06-2012, 11:22 PM   #107
sonofgrok
n00basaurus

Recipes 

And the whole argument that "I would have bought more from them". That is like making a formal proposal to the company... "Look, if you do this, I promise to do this. Oh but there is no guarantee. Just take my word for it."

A bird in the hand...

Subsailor Likes This 
Old 12-06-2012, 11:27 PM   #108
Subsailor
Life is Tough, Stupid makes it Tougher
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 502 Times on 326 Posts
Likes Given: 3701

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaandy;4657269[B
]I too am surprised that there has been a bashing of the OP on this.[/B] I don't believe that 7 days is too far out to ask them to honor the $20. ...
Did you miss this from the OP?

Quote:
When I called there was no expectation to get the card. Thought I would at least ask and see what happened.
He was told no and then he offered an option and didn't like it because it didn't go his way. Then posted his rant for all of us to view. I have not and will not call names but what did he expect?
SSBN 641 B

Old 12-07-2012, 12:03 AM   #109
WesleyS
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2691 Times on 1754 Posts
Likes Given: 359

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofgrok
And the whole argument that "I would have bought more from them". That is like making a formal proposal to the company... "Look, if you do this, I promise to do this. Oh but there is no guarantee. Just take my word for it."

A bird in the hand...
Exactly right! I get this all the time when people are trying to get me to lower the price of my services. "Oh, I'll call you back all the time. I have many friends that I can refer to you." I don't fall for it. My best friend who happens to be in the same business as me does fall for it. What happens? He severely reduces his price and or throws in services for free and they never call back and he gets zero referrals from them. I'm willing to work with people, but will not give my services away for free based on what people say they will do in the future. Is my friend busier than me? Does he have more customers? No, so obviously I'm not missing out on anything.

So you bought some stuff through them and you created a wish list. You want a medal or a lollipop? Do you know how many customers they have that regularly spend alot of money on their products? And do you know how many people probably call and email them daily with overreactions to minor problems and people that expect something free or a discount. They help said people and never receive an order from them again. You might be the exception to the rule, but they don't know that. For all they know, you would just place as close to a 20 dollar order as you could with that gift card and that's it because that's what most probably do. I'm not saying you were wrong for trying. But it didn't work out. It's not the store's fault. You may think that a 20 dollar gift card is just a "drop in the bucket to them." But if they start adjusting prices and giving gift cards to everyone who calls and asks no matter what the circumstance, suddenly they're out of business. If they make an exception in this case, then they've set a precedent. Next time you'll expect it because they gave in last time and so on. Then it becomes more than the 20 dollars that one time because heaven forbid you don't get what you feel you're entitled to. They'll always be one justifiably denied gift card away from you dragging their business name through the mud.

Long story short, Beer.

Old 12-07-2012, 12:12 AM   #110
mattd2
Recipes 

Liked 245 Times on 200 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subsailor View Post
Did you miss this from the OP?
Quote:
When I called there was no expectation to get the card...
Hahaha thanks for pointing that out Subsailor. That makes this even more funny.
So Big Red you called with no expectations that they should give you a $20 card but then when they didn't you ranted on the internet about it... sounds like you did have expectations on how you wanted this to go after all

Closed Thread

Quick Reply