Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Not a happy customer!!
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2012, 03:00 PM   #1
BigRedHopHead
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Default Not a happy customer!!

This morning I see that Northern Brewer is offering 20$ gift cards if you buy a Blichman floor burner during a 24 hour sale. Well I just ordered a Blichman floor burner from them 7 days ago. I called them and asked them to honor me with the 20$ gift card, and was declined. They said it was too long ago to honor. Really?! A week is too long?
I then asked the customer service guy what if I order another one today and return the one I bought last week (which has shipped but hasn't arrived yet) I would still get the gift card then right? Of course he said yes, and I said then why not save us all the trouble and just honor the 20$ gift card? Was told they still can't do that.
I am very disappointed with Northen Brewer! Last time I make any purchases from this company.

Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 03:07 PM   #2
Cromwell
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 72 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 132

Well... really, I think you have to look at a bigger picture here. All companies, ever, only offer incentives (like sales or $20 gift cards) in order to increase sales. Giving you $20 isn't going to increase their sales, it's only going to cost them $20. Ideally, any company would prefer to make such an offer only visible to people who haven't yet purchased from them, and might. This is actually what Facebook is all about - selectively targeting customers for advertising.

The bottom line is, if you want the cheapest price you have to play the game. If everyone got the cheapest price, the cheapest price would have to be higher, or companies would lose money. Sales incentives don't work if it doesn't make you buy more stuff. Grocery stores could just mark down their products for everyone, but they make you use the coupons, because some people won't. If you're going to swear off Northern Brewer because they act like every other company in the world, then you might find you quickly have no one to buy from.

Primary: Beer / Secondary: Beer / Lagering: Old beer.

Old 12-06-2012, 03:11 PM   #3
kh54s10
Recipes 

Liked 608 Times on 515 Posts
Likes Given: 164

Really? All major retailers have sales. If you buy it today and it goes on sale tomorrow... Oh well.

That is your problem not theirs.

I do as much shopping as I can at establishments that consistently have the lowest prices.

Old 12-06-2012, 03:19 PM   #4
pohldogg
Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 2

What if the situation was reversed and you bought the burner 7 days before the price went up. If NB called you up and said "it's only been a week would you mind sending us an extra $20?" woud you?

Your complaint is childish. Just enjoy the fact that you have an excellent burner in route.

Old 12-06-2012, 03:23 PM   #5
JordanThomas
Recipes 

Liked 82 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 426

You didn't buy when their offer was valid. Why do you expect to receive the promotional gift card?

I understand how frustrating it is for something to go on sale after you've purchased it, but you aren't entitled to the gift card, so why act as though you are?

Old 12-06-2012, 03:27 PM   #6
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 2136 Times on 1529 Posts
Likes Given: 1172

Why not send yours back and take the $20 card that you earned when you bought a new burner during the actual sale period? They already said they would do that for you...

Old 12-06-2012, 03:28 PM   #7
pellis007
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Too bad you're going to stop using them for something that's not their fault. Seems kinda silly IMHO. But, there are always alternatives. To each his own. I like phldogg's analogy. It's right on.

Primary#1: Currently Empty
Primary#2: Currently Empty
Primary #3: Currently Empty
Bottle Conditioning: Currently Nothing
Kegged: Pete's Cream Ale
Drinking:Biermuncher's ESB, Kolsh, Rapture Red Ale, Blonde Ale, Pete's Winter Vanilla Porter, Honey Cream Ale, Robust Porter, Old Fezziwig Christmas Ale, Pete's Golden APA, Burt's IPA, Bells Two-Hearted IPA Clone, Chocolate Milk Stout
On Deck: Not sure yet.

Old 12-06-2012, 03:35 PM   #8
Cpt_Kirks
Recipes 

Liked 44 Times on 39 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedHopHead View Post
This morning I see that Northern Brewer is offering 20$ gift cards if you buy a Blichman floor burner during a 24 hour sale. Well I just ordered a Blichman floor burner from them 7 days ago. I called them and asked them to honor me with the 20$ gift card, and was declined. They said it was too long ago to honor. Really?! A week is too long?
I then asked the customer service guy what if I order another one today and return the one I bought last week (which has shipped but hasn't arrived yet) I would still get the gift card then right? Of course he said yes, and I said then why not save us all the trouble and just honor the 20$ gift card? Was told they still can't do that.
I am very disappointed with Northen Brewer! Last time I make any purchases from this company.

Boo Hoo.

Do you show in in January demanding stores honor Black Friday deals too?

Old 12-06-2012, 03:35 PM   #9
BigRedHopHead
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 57

I would have to pay for the shipping back to NB so not worth it. Bottom line, I get items price adjusted all the time when something goes on sale. In fact I just had a bookshelf price adjusted at Target. It is really about the fact that I would have spent way more at NB with the 20$ gift card and the excellent customer service would have continued my business with them. As it stands now it will be taking my business elsewhere. Over the long run NB will lose much more $$ from me than the meager $20 gift card for a purchase which I had known was going to offered on special I would have waited a week for to order. It's all about keeping the customer happy and keeping their business isn't it?

Old 12-06-2012, 03:36 PM   #10
JordanThomas
Recipes 

Liked 82 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homercidal View Post
Why not send yours back and take the $20 card that you earned when you bought a new burner during the actual sale period? They already said they would do that for you...
He would have to cover return shipping costs because his reason for returning wasn't defective merchandise. Shipping an item that size insured would probably be about $20.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply