Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Not Buying BMC Ever Again... Am I alone in this?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2013, 10:00 PM   #21
emmdubb23
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by passedpawn View Post
Sorry, I'll butt out of this thread with this: I don't understand why anyone starts a thread about beers they don't like.

I have beers I don't like, and everyone else does too. Of course it comes down to personal preference.
Its not about what I don't like I was just curious if I was alone in this thought...

I guess I am

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 10:01 PM   #22
RandomBeerGuy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 71 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 23

BMC is bigger than just what we think of some of the craft breweries that I see in the stores are owned by B,M,C they like to hide with the rest of us. I still enjoy coors when I want to pee alot in one night.

Click'Clack Drink'Drunk - 99.9 KISW The Mens Room
----------------------------------------------------

schokie Likes This 
Old 01-06-2013, 10:04 PM   #23
Golddiggie
Recipes 

Liked 473 Times on 418 Posts
Likes Given: 266

I've not bought beer to bring home in over two years now. Never really cared much for what BMC produced. Never tried Yeungling so I can't comment on their brews, but I'm not inclined to buy any to find out. I used to buy Guinness, Murphy's, Boddington's, and a couple of Sam Adams beers when I was buying. Sam Adams was meh most of the time (rarely had more than one). The others were bought only so often since they were more $$ for the amount you got. I would always go for the larger cans (with the nitrogen inside).

I won't begrudge a smaller brewery their success. IMO, any that can take market share away from BMC at least deserves respect, even if you don't purchase their products. That being said, I really don't have much respect for Sam Adams anymore.

When I go to a restaurant/pub/etc. I ask what's on tap. If there's something that sounds good, I'll get a sample first (if possible) and then order a pint accordingly. Unless I already know the brew is at least decent to drink. That being said, it's so easy to go to places that simply don't know how to properly dispense a style. Putting it on the wrong gas system can also completely change a brew. I had some Sam Smith where it was on nitrogen. I then had the same brew (at another place) that was on CO2. VERY different in the glass. I now also make it a point to ask what a place has on nitro.

BTW, there is a place in Portsmouth, NH that has really, really good Guinness. They clean the lines with each keg change (or at least they did the last time I went there) and have a rather high keg turnover. Several of the taps are dedicated to Guinness (or were). I need to get the name of the place so that I can swing in next time I go through that area. They also had a pretty good Ruben (more traditional, so done up right).

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

Old 01-06-2013, 10:04 PM   #24
onthekeg
Recipes 

Liked 73 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmdubb23 View Post
I like my house stout, bold city 1901, and intuition king street stout better than Guinness...
Different beers for different times, places, friends. Beer is nice in that there is a beer for every occasion. Saying what you did on the OP was requiring input from others since we all LOVE beer and want others to as well. Just a thought.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:05 PM   #25
Channel66
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1048 Times on 681 Posts
Likes Given: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmdubb23 View Post

I like my house stout, bold city 1901, and intuition king street stout better than Guinness...
I like plenty of beers better than Guinness. However a Guinness pint at one of the Guinness "best pint" pubs is a wonderful wonderful thing.

Fermentation may have been a greater discovery than fire.— David Rains Wallace

Old 01-06-2013, 10:07 PM   #26
Brulosopher
Recipes 

Liked 199 Times on 165 Posts
Likes Given: 114

You're probably not alone, though its looking lome you might be. Plus, you just sound haughty... like a person who only buys groceries from Whole Foods

Make Good Lager in Less Time!

|BRULOSOPHY|

Old 01-06-2013, 10:10 PM   #27
emmdubb23
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brulosopher View Post
You're probably not alone, though its looking lome you might be. Plus, you just sound haughty... like a person who only buys groceries from Whole Foods
That's SWMBO, except it's grassroots, whole foods is too corporate.
Jk... Sort of...
Funny thing. I work for Walmart logistics...
Talk about working for THE MAN!

Old 01-06-2013, 10:14 PM   #28
martiniw2olives
The Wolf
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 35

I like BMC when eating painfully spicy food. Because there is no real flavor, it kind of cuts through the heat and all you get is cold fizzy relief.

"How about you, Lash LaRue? You think you can keep your spurs from jinglin' and janglin'?" Winston Wolf

Old 01-06-2013, 10:19 PM   #29
Phunhog
Recipes 

Liked 139 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brulosopher View Post
Exactly! Even though we agree with you for the most part. It just sounds pompous. Just like if I were to say I would never step foot in a Applebees, Chile's, TGI Fridays, etc...because there are way better, local restaurants out there.

Check out my nanobrewery!
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Two...02323289804018

Old 01-06-2013, 10:23 PM   #30
jason91notch
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I dont care for how AB/In-Bev is approaching the craft market so I steer clear of them and their products.
That being said, I am a very happy employee at Coors, where I have great pay and insanely good benefits, (which includes lots of free beer, from banquet to Leinenkugels). Being a happy Coors employee may make me biased towards them, and I admit that. Still, roughly 80-90% of what I drink is local craft and/or my homebrews.

Quick Reply