The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Not Buying BMC Ever Again... Am I alone in this?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2013, 04:10 PM   #141
DrummerBoySeth
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 39 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmdubb23 View Post
I like my house stout, bold city 1901, and intuition king street stout better than Guinness...
Jacksonville, eh? I usually stop by Brewer's pizza when I am there for my craft beer fix. Since I will be in town next week, I will try to stop by and check out your brew. I do love a good stout

"Give a man a beer, and he will waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he will waste a lifetime!" Bill Owen

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2013, 04:26 PM   #142
GrogNerd
Mean Old Man
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 818 Times on 574 Posts
Likes Given: 109

all those chain restaurants do is reheat frozen foods. of course you're not going to get anything other than "meh" from them

that said, this fat man puts a hurtin' on the Ruby Tuesday AYCE salad bar

NYE, we're at the VFW, I forgot to bring some homebrew, but the fridge is STUFFED full of Miller Lite, plus some microbrews. so I figure I'll start out with the Lite, see if the real stuff is there later in the evening.

can't say the Lite tasted bad because it had almost no flavor at all. I had like 4 or 5, then started hitting up the micros. Double Take IPAs. not the best IPA I've ever had, but sure were dang tasty after those Lites.

"If you want to do something, do it and then have a homebrew. If you don't want to do it, just have a homebrew" - Charlie Papazian

"Beer. Good." - Words of House Grog

drinking: Maibock, DB8Point IPA Clone, Belgian Wit, Rain Delay IPA, Wojtkowiak Piwo, CLB's Barleywine, 8Hearted Pale Ale, O'Rob's Dry Irish Stout - bottle conditioning: DB8PT Session Ale, Otto M. Gourd Pumpkin Barleywine, Jewel Thieves Apple Wine, Wojtkowiak Grodziskie - bulk conditioning: barleywine

Old 01-09-2013, 04:50 PM   #143
emmdubb23
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoySeth View Post

Jacksonville, eh? I usually stop by Brewer's pizza when I am there for my craft beer fix. Since I will be in town next week, I will try to stop by and check out your brew. I do love a good stout
Awesome, I love brewers. I tend to be more of a regular @ bold city though. I love their specialty stuff (when they have it) and its closer to the house. I have some that I made a bit stronger and let sit on scotch soaked oak chips, would be happy to give you a bottle or 2.

Old 01-09-2013, 04:55 PM   #144
Varmintman
Recipes 

Liked 651 Times on 408 Posts
Likes Given: 820

I will always buy beer and most often bush light. Do you have any idea how heavy a backpack full with a case of bottles weighs compared to a case of cans. Not to mention trying to save the bottles and bring them home. And as much as I like the yeast flavor in my beer 60 miles on a sled or 4 wheeler tends to mess up the yeast cake pretty good

Nope I think I will always have a need for canned beer

Old 01-09-2013, 09:08 PM   #145
DrummerBoySeth
Recipes 

Quote:
Awesome, I love brewers. I tend to be more of a regular @ bold city though. I love their specialty stuff (when they have it) and its closer to the house. I have some that I made a bit stronger and let sit on scotch soaked oak chips, would be happy to give you a bottle or 2.
PM sent

"Give a man a beer, and he will waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he will waste a lifetime!" Bill Owen

Old 01-09-2013, 09:15 PM   #146
emmdubb23
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoySeth View Post

PM sent
I didn't get it, but my message box was pretty full

Old 01-09-2013, 09:18 PM   #147
DrummerBoySeth
Recipes 

Quote:
I didn't get it, but my message box was pretty full
check again... I actually posted that mrssage BEFORE i sent the PM!

Quick Reply