Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Northern Brewer Shipping

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2012, 07:41 AM   #1
cantputt87
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Northern Brewer Shipping

Has anyone noticed Northern Brewer's shipping prices going up just a little bit everytime you order?? I've ordered the same thing the last three times and each time my shipping has gone up around 9 cents per order. Its not a big deal it may have something to do with inflation but I was just wondering if anyone else had noticed?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 02:05 PM   #2
iowabrew
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 40 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Just to chime in, i have not noticed the increase, but i don't order more than a couple times a month. I have however noticed the shipping speed is incredible without the flat rate. 3 times now i've ordered something and have gotten it either the next day or within 2 days.

Old 12-14-2012, 11:01 PM   #3
chris_farley
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

We pass through UPS rates. UPS changes the fuel surcharge each week, and it's based on market prices for fuel. So... if the price of fuel is going up, so are the UPS rates. FYI.

I'm very glad you've noticed the improved service! We've been working very hard at that!

Old 12-15-2012, 03:28 AM   #4
jonmohno
Recipes 

Liked 411 Times on 362 Posts
Likes Given: 1210

It was a little more,but fast as hell. Always packaged very well. compared the price of 2 day shipping? Its a great deal. You get standard shipping as fast at a fraction of a fast 2 day shipping. They quit their flat rate deal,but they still have a good deal considering shipping,and they probably have the best shipping prices anywhere,comparably.

Old 12-16-2012, 05:59 PM   #5
Satisfaction
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 38 Times on 26 Posts

Just placed an other with NB and it came out just a little over $16 for 25lbs shipped to the east coast. Slightly more expensive than last time, but that's inflation at work.

If you go to multiple sites and order the same items the totals always come out within a couple dollars of each other with shipping costs. The selection, service, and speed of shipment is what seals the deal for me.

Quick Reply