Brewed up the batch today. I tried to do a partial mash with the specialty grains and in the mix I got off on my water a bit. Ended up with a bit too much at 30L in the kettle and a bit more in a second pot. So instead of adding a certain amount of water like before I guessed a final boil volume using my past boil rate numbers.
Ended up doing a 90 minute boil and getting the wort to what looked to be 24L or just over 6 gallons. Then when I took it off and cooled it, the wort was actually closer to 22.5 and when I transfered it to the fermenter I'd lost more and was at about 4.9 gallons. So I pulled my sample and tossed my entire 2L starter in the batch since it wasn't even done yet. My OG was really close to target at 1.080 and my final volume in the fermenter after adding the starter was maybe 5 1/4 gallons.
I hope I didn't pull too much out of the grains, I added a bit more water than I meant to, but I let it sit for only 30 minutes at 150-152*. Overall it was a good brew day, but I definitely introduced some issues into the otherwise smooth brew days I've had before. The wort tasted pretty good, but the hops were a bit astringent, more so than in the past. Im sure it will all work out, but this was a good run before doing my next batch as AG.