NO Yeast Holiday while I travel to Australia!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewOnBoard

Reaction score
So I've got a trip "down unda" coming up in a couple months and I'll be away from the boat for 10weeks. I figure that there's no reason to declare a yeast holiday so I ought to have something keeping my fermenting bucket warm.

So what beer (or cider perhaps) benefits most from a REALLY long period in the primary? I figure this is my opportunity for forced patience. Should I do a stout? Belgian? What would benefit the most from that kind of fermentation time?

BrewOnBoard

PS I really need to start "training" now for Australia. :rockin: Liver push-ups anyone? :tank::drunk:

10 weeks... that would be really good for a cider... a batch of edworts apfelwine , perhapes modified for High ABV goal... add a crap load of sugar and then add champange yeast to see if you can hit over 15%... or a meade... that would be a good one a really nice meade for long term fermenting... a good meade easily takes 8 weeks and but adding extra honey say closer to 4-4.5 lbs per gallon of water... that might take more then 10 weeks... but you couldnt drink it imeadiatly got back... you might start one now then when you got back you would have 10 week old meade ready to drink... it still would be a little young but good if decently brewed. or a high gravity ale might be good too... somthing which takes a long time

Cheers

Back