The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > No head on my beer, but it is carbed, wtf?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2010, 04:08 AM   #31
Skacorica
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdnoona View Post
That's the thing though, I've tried over carb-ing it by keeping it on 30 psi for several days. When I bleed the pressure down to get it to serving pressure, it is obvious by the gas released that the keg has been holding the pressure. I'm sure there is no leak because 1) I've used this keg many times and 2) my CO2 tank has not run out even while putzing around with this keg at 30 psi. I don't get it.

The beer tastes OK, but the lack of head makes it look like I'm drinking apple juice.
A few days at 30 PSI wont overcarb it my friend!

As to the oil posts; I doubt it had to do with oils, Ive done fresh hops + bakers chocolate (yes including the cocoa butter, was all I could get) and even that retains a good head when properly carbed.

shake the @#$% out of the keg at 30 PSI for a few mins
then leave it at 30 for a while longer; bet you end up with head
Primary 3: Land Beaver Cider
Secondary 1: Trippel Clone
Secondary 2: Empty
Kegged: Larlo Imperial Chocolate Stout, Pliny the (Stronger) Bastid
Bottled: Amber Ale, Belgian Strong Ale
Note: Colors actually taken from my beers as photographed in carboys

Yeast are like day laborers; they do great work, but you don't want them hanging around when its time for dinner.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply