Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > No address on homebrew websites?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2011, 01:39 AM   #1
kh54s10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 572 Times on 487 Posts
Likes Given: 156

Default No address on homebrew websites?

Why do a lot of homebrew supply website omit any reference as to where they are located? Or make it very difficult to find on their site?

Sometimes I am looking for a place that is close to me so that shipping will not be a week or more. Shipping yeast in mid summer comes to mind.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2011, 01:49 AM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2712 Times on 1630 Posts
Likes Given: 3484

Are you sure the one's that don't show an address have a brick and mortar establishment, or are they online retail only? A lot of the one's online are just that, virtual stores, they don't have an actual shop. Some are both, but there are quite alot of online only places these days.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 11-21-2011, 01:55 AM   #3
kh54s10
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
Are you sure the one's that don't show an address have a brick and mortar establishment, or are they online retail only? A lot of the one's online are just that, virtual stores, they don't have an actual shop. Some are both, but there are quite alot of online only places these days.
My point being is that if I need something for brewing on the weekend and it's Monday, I don't want to order and find out it ships from California. I live in Rhode Island. And I don't want to pay for expedited shipping.

Old 11-21-2011, 02:02 AM   #4
day_trippr
Recipes 

Liked 1034 Times on 839 Posts

One thing you can try is to use a domain registration search - like using this site - and plug in the domain name for the vendor. It will often resolve to the location of the owner...

Cheers!

Old 11-21-2011, 02:26 AM   #5
beergolf
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 358 Times on 294 Posts
Likes Given: 109

Most of the time if you look on the website and find the "contact us" area it will give the phone # and the address.

If it does not I usually will not buy from them. I also like to know where they are shipping from.

It is fine to be internet only, but not invisible.

Old 11-21-2011, 03:10 AM   #6
C-Rider
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 114 Times on 99 Posts
Likes Given: 266

Quote:
Originally Posted by day_trippr View Post
One thing you can try is to use a domain registration search - like using this site - and plug in the domain name for the vendor. It will often resolve to the location of the owner...

Cheers!
Tried it on my website. Got my name correct, but it has me living in Sunny Valley Calf. Yea right, I'm about 1000 miles south west

Kaiser Ridge Brewing
-------------------------
Fermenting: Maui Wowie(RobustCoffeePorter)
Conditioning Malahine Ale (Am Pale)
Bottled in the refer: OldGlory (Am Stout)
Bottled in the refer: GermanImperialStout
Bottled in the refer: NorthernBrownAle (GF)
Bottled in the refer: German IPA
Bottled in the refer: KonaCoffeeDryStout
Bottled in the refer: Düsseldorf Altbier

Old 11-21-2011, 03:11 AM   #7
FrayedKnotBeer
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kh54s10 View Post
My point being is that if I need something for brewing on the weekend and it's Monday, I don't want to order and find out it ships from California. I live in Rhode Island. And I don't want to pay for expedited shipping.
Hey have you checked out Basement Brewhaus - Providence, Rhode Island up in Prov? Their hours kind of suck but I'm going to try to make it up there after Thanksgiving some time.

Old 11-21-2011, 03:15 AM   #8
day_trippr
Recipes 

Liked 1034 Times on 839 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Rider View Post
Tried it on my website. Got my name correct, but it has me living in Sunny Valley Calf. Yea right, I'm about 1000 miles south west
"Often", not "always"...

Cheers!

Old 11-21-2011, 03:22 AM   #9
Erroneous
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kh54s10
Why do a lot of homebrew supply website omit any reference as to where they are located? Or make it very difficult to find on their site?

Sometimes I am looking for a place that is close to me so that shipping will not be a week or more. Shipping yeast in mid summer comes to mind.
Most of the places I shop at I know where it is. Btw you can always pick up a copy of a recent byo magazine and in the back it has a bunch of homebrew shops listed by state. Or the homebrewer association has a list on their site. If you are ponying up for expedited i'm sure shopping for the cheapest isn't your primary concern.

Old 11-21-2011, 03:31 AM   #10
kh54s10
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkBeerandSail View Post
Hey have you checked out Basement Brewhaus - Providence, Rhode Island up in Prov? Their hours kind of suck but I'm going to try to make it up there after Thanksgiving some time.
I started online first with Northern Brewer where I bought my Deluxe Kit then other items from other sites.

I haven't been to Basement BrewHaus... Yet! I will soon.
I went to Blackstone Valley Brewing supply last week. Had a nice visit and bought a fermenting bucket and some other supplies.

Still, I work in retail so I often can not match the hours these guys are open when I need something fast. Neither of them have online ordering. I have not contacted either about shipping.

Quick Reply