NHC tickets 2013

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sort of a repeat of what was said above - but be SURE you register yourself first, and then add a guest. The site says "if you want to add a guest.....", but I did that first, and I screwed up. Right now, I'm a "registered guest", instead of a member, and I can't add a guest, as I'm "max'd out" on my registration.

That's what I did - you can restart, do yourself as member and use code AHANOOB instead of your member number to register your guest.

Do you have the addresses of these hotels ( or of the host hotel, that's now full?), so that i don't book something in the wrong part of Phily?

Thanks,

Residence Inn: One East Penn Square Philadelphia, PA 19107

Courtyard: 21 N Juniper Street Philadelphia, PA 19107

Both hotels are basically on City Hall square. NHC Marriott is 2 blocks east on Market Street. No problems with neighborhood. You can walk to just about everything worthwhile in Philly from there.

Did social ticket.. figured seminars are taped and i can watch online later.. i hope that wasn't a stupid decision.

I was able to get through right when registration opened. My friend could not get through 10 minutes later. I sent him the link posted here, and he got right through. THANKS!!!

I also was lucky enough to score a hotel room this morning for Tuesday-Sunday. Just wish they would post the pre-conference tours.

what are the pre-confrence tours? If you want an idea on bars to hit, I (and rest of the philly guys) can certainly help with that.

Wow- took me an hour to get on the website- and "boom"- full. I'm "waitlisted" for the whole conference, but registered for Friday/Saturday.

I was considering judging anyway, and that's on Thursday, so it's not a big deal. Plus, if someone drops out I can attend Thursday's conferences. Thursday's seminars are repeated, so I won't "miss" anything. But wow- sold out in an hour! That must be a new record.

I did book early today at the hotel, though. So I have a room!

Did social ticket.. figured seminars are taped and i can watch online later.. i hope that wasn't a stupid decision.

I'm told by a few NHC vets that many, if not most of the seminars feature samples. So you'll get the info, but not whatever they're pouring. :tank:

what are the pre-confrence tours? If you want an idea on bars to hit, I (and rest of the philly guys) can certainly help with that.

I'm trying to keep my outside the conference spending down close to $1200 so far for weds-sat hotel and 2 tickets.

Tired Hands is the one place I've got on my must visit list. What else do you suggest?

Wow- took me an hour to get on the website- and "boom"- full. I'm "waitlisted" for the whole conference, but registered for Friday/Saturday.

I was considering judging anyway, and that's on Thursday, so it's not a big deal. Plus, if someone drops out I can attend Thursday's conferences. Thursday's seminars are repeated, so I won't "miss" anything. But wow- sold out in an hour! That must be a new record.

to be honest, I don't know why they wouldn't have moved this to the philly convention center. I mean, they just re did the entire thing (and it's huge). I figured this to be the spot before they announced the hotel. Not to mention, Philly is a rather large beer drinking/homebrewing area (hell, there's 12 some odd clubs in the area). Again, I would have thought based on last year's turnout, the fact they haven't made it to the east coast in a while, and the area picked, they'd be ready for a much larger turnout.

about the only thing I can think of: the union you'd have to go through in the convention center (though I would assume you'd have to go through the same union in the hotel, since it's still in the city).

I'm trying to keep my outside the conference spending down close to $1200 so far for weds-sat hotel and 2 tickets.

Tired Hands is the one place I've got on my must visit list. What else do you suggest?

if you've got transportation (I'm assuming you do to get to Tired Hands), I'd check out Forrest and Main in Ambler as well. Small nano making awesome "wild" saisons, and 4 hand pumps! http://forestandmain.com/

In the city there is Nodding Head, Yards, and Dock Street. Any of them a "Must See", probably not. There are a TON of beer bars throughout the city though. Standard Tap in Northern Liberties section carries only local micro's. Really depends on where you want to go. public transportation in teh city leaves alot to be desired.

I'm told by a few NHC vets that many, if not most of the seminars feature samples. So you'll get the info, but not whatever they're pouring. :tank:

Oh, I LOVE the seminars! You sit next to whomever you want, and get to rub elbows with the nicest people.

I think by Friday AM, I was the ONLY HBT person going to the seminars at 8:30 AM!

I dragged Soper's ass out of bed at about noon for lunch. His lame excuse was that he stayed up all night.

It's a "pace yourself" kind of thing. First beers served at 8 AM-ish, and last ones at about 4 AMish. You can grab something to eat around 6 AM, and even take a shower before it starts again.

Yeah that's what I figured, certainly won't be a shortage of "samples" even with just the social ticket.

Now, parking.. while lucky enough to book Marriott in time, didn't realize the $46/day parking fees!!!!

Thanks for the secondary link. Tried while in a meeting for 45 minutes before thinking about looking here for link. Got Friday, Saturday and banquet. Also was able to book at hotel, but I am a platinum elite at Marriott. Gotta love them points.

Yeah that's what I figured, certainly won't be a shortage of "samples" even with just the social ticket.

Now, parking.. while lucky enough to book Marriott in time, didn't realize the $46/day parking fees!!!!

Dang! My country self didn't think of that!

For those of you looking for parking, try this lot I have linked. It is $5 for a full day of parking on most days. I use it all the time. Its only a few blocks from the hotel you guys are staying at.

https://maps.google.com/maps/myplaces?ll=39.957026,-75.165128&spn=0.00053,0.000734&ctz=300&t=h&z=21&layer=c&cbll=39.957026,-75.165128&panoid=s1YTwvJUS8RUrjFEuMe90g&cbp=12,0.88,,0,4.57

Oh, I LOVE the seminars! You sit next to whomever you want, and get to rub elbows with the nicest people.

I think by Friday AM, I was the ONLY HBT person going to the seminars at 8:30 AM!

I dragged Soper's ass out of bed at about noon for lunch. His lame excuse was that he stayed up all night.

It's a "pace yourself" kind of thing. First beers served at 8 AM-ish, and last ones at about 4 AMish. You can grab something to eat around 6 AM, and even take a shower before it starts again.

I too hope to pace myself and be able to participate in a full day of seminars Friday. This will be my first NHC and I am VERY excited!

What are the "can't miss" parts of the weekend? Do the pro/club night events have a limit on how many people can enter?

That's what I did - you can restart, do yourself as member and use code AHANOOB instead of your member number to register your guest.

when i tried to re-enter, they said that I had already used my correct email and member ID number, and wouldn't let me back on the site?!?

I'll try again.

Yeah, I was thinking about renting a car- but at $46/day parking? No way!

What are the "can't miss" parts of the weekend? Do the pro/club night events have a limit on how many people can enter?

It's complete hearsay, but I'm told Club Night is a blast. And my club will have a booth, so I'll taking a shift pouring (hopefully not too long of a shift - I want to explore, dang it!). I'm intrigued by pro night too.

I too hope to pace myself and be able to participate in a full day of seminars Friday. This will be my first NHC and I am VERY excited!

No. Everybody at the conference goes to Pro Brewers Night and Club night. About 1000 people? or so.

One of my favorite things is whatever they have on Wednesday for preconference activities. They aren't listed yet, but normally there is a pub crawl, a baseball game or something, and the Brewing Network's party, as well as daytime fun things. The local homebrew club hosts those events (besides the BN party) and I enjoy those every bit as much as the conference, so I'm planning on being there on Tuesday evening.

It's a "pace yourself" kind of thing. First beers served at 8 AM-ish, and last ones at about 4 AMish.
Wait till I tell my wife I have to start training for NHC.

I'll start easy.
First beer at noon, last beer at midnight.
By June I should be up to the 8:00AM to 4:00AM (the next day!) standard.
:tank:

I have a real bad feeling about 3:00:01pm haha, Just like when concert tix open and everyone floods the system at the same time...oh the anxiety
Kind of like waiting in line at 5 AM for concert tickets when I was young!

I did book early today at the hotel, though. So I have a room!
Hope to meet you!

For those of you looking for parking, try this lot I have linked. It is $5 for a full day of parking on most days. I use it all the time. Its only a few blocks from the hotel you guys are staying at.

https://maps.google.com/maps/myplaces?ll=39.957026,-75.165128&spn=0.00053,0.000734&ctz=300&t=h&z=21&layer=c&cbll=39.957026,-75.165128&panoid=s1YTwvJUS8RUrjFEuMe90g&cbp=12,0.88,,0,4.57

Thanks for the info!

Well that sucked. The website was crashing for almost an hour. By the time I got through, I only secured Friday/Saturday and got waitlisted for Thursday. What I want to know is who the hell is just booking Thursday?

same as I. This will be my first NHC and I did opt for the volunteering gig if offered. It is a shame as I will be out there sitting around in a bar waiting to get in friday.

I am a little confused why thursday would sell out but fri/sat would stay open. I mean, its at the same location? Not like the room gets any bigger because its friday.

I am curious about the waitlisted thing, as I am not optomistic that anyone will decide to cut their weekend short and go to fri/sat. I was regestered by 4pm EST.

*Edit, Spoke too soon, just got an email stating that my waitlisted for full conference and a guest just opened up. See you all Thursday!

Well that sucked. The website was crashing for almost an hour. By the time I got through, I only secured Friday/Saturday and got waitlisted for Thursday. What I want to know is who the hell is just booking Thursday?

Hey, did you guys get your beer out of your barrel yet?

I couldn't get through in time so I was stuck with Friday/Saturday. This will be my first NHC, so I don't mind all that much -- just happy to be able to attend and see it all firsthand. Even better, my wife agreed to attend with a "social ticket," so I should have a free pass to enjoy most of the festivities. Looking forward to it!

It was about 25 minutes later, and I got a confirmation that I was getting the full package, and not waitlisted after all.

Cool!

I'll be there Tuesday evening!

twiddling my thumbs. This will be my first one and I am going solo. Here goes nothin..

That was me, until I suckered a non brewer into going with me. wife got ousted once I realized her plan was only to go to shop for purses and crap.

We are both in cincy, maybe we can swap a few beers and share a few stories before NHC and end your solitude. Sh*t even carpooling and having another person to split the gas would be awesome.

same as I. This will be my first NHC and I did opt for the volunteering gig if offered. It is a shame as I will be out there sitting around in a bar waiting to get in friday.

I am a little confused why thursday would sell out but fri/sat would stay open. I mean, its at the same location? Not like the room gets any bigger because its friday.

I am curious about the waitlisted thing, as I am not optomistic that anyone will decide to cut their weekend short and go to fri/sat. I was regestered by 4pm EST.

*Edit, Spoke too soon, just got an email stating that my waitlisted for full conference and a guest just opened up. See you all Thursday!

I was lucky enough to get right in (refreshed my page a 2:57 and saw the register button was there). But I was confused on why 2 hours before registration they changed the ticket options? For weeks the site had displayed:

$205 - Conference with all Seminars
$145 - Social - Conference no seminars

They also showed two other options, but those were the above with Banquet dinner for an additional $50

Then we all go to register and there is this "Almost Full Conference" mumbo jumbo for $195

Then we all go to register and there is this "Almost Full Conference" mumbo jumbo for $195

Agreed. For those who are committing to going, I really doubt anyone would want to cut the festivities short by a day. Yeah, I think Ill spend the extra $10 for a 3rd day of Beercation

I will add that I am excited to learn more about the BNA8. Between the BN, and you fine folk, take most all the credit for my brewing skills today, I would love to finally put a face to some names, pay respects, and drink happily ever after

KaSaBiS said:
I will add that I am excited to learn more about the BNA8. Between the BN, and you fine folk, take most all the credit for my brewing skills today, I would love to finally put a face to some names, pay respects, and drink happily ever after

Agreed! I'm going up Wednesday solely for the sake of BNA8!!

Back