Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > NHC competition - can't register, server slammed?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2013, 05:48 PM   #391
Denny
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 433 Times on 326 Posts
Likes Given: 517

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin18 View Post
I'd love to, but I just spend the last 15 minutes trying to register and log on to the AHA forum, before giving up. Seems to be as buggy as the actual NHC registration. Tried using both Firefox and IE and will not work with either.
I'm the admin there. PM here about your problems and I'll take care of it.

Life begins at 60....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

http://www.experimentalbrew.com - the website for the book "Experimental Homebrewing"...coming Nov. 2014

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2013, 09:36 PM   #392
osagedr
Recovering from Sobriety
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 96 Times on 80 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
Guys, with all due respect, this conversation is circular....you're all discussing ideas that won't go anywhere just talking about them here.
This forum is a great place to bounce ideas around that can be vetted by our peers then taken to the AHA for consideration. Let's not try to stifle discussion or debate.

2012 Canadian Brewer of the Year
2013 Canadian Brewer of the Year

@evilgoatbrewing

mjdonnelly68 Likes This 
Old 03-06-2013, 11:26 AM   #393
mjdonnelly68
Always drinking - never drunk.

Recipes 

Liked 139 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 175

Quote:
Originally Posted by osagedr View Post
This forum is a great place to bounce ideas around that can be vetted by our peers then taken to the AHA for consideration. Let's not try to stifle discussion or debate.
Have to agree Denny. The AHA wants the homebrew community to come to them when they should be going to the homebrew community.

Again I appreciate how difficult explosive growth can be to manage, but right now the AHA seems to stand for Annoying Hassles Always. Not a great way to encourage and nurture involvement.

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink because when they get up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day" - Francis Albert Sinatra

Old 03-06-2013, 11:40 AM   #394
AnOldUR
fer-men-TAY-shuhn

Recipes 

Liked 579 Times on 422 Posts
Likes Given: 444

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdonnelly68 View Post
The AHA wants the homebrew community to come to them when they should be going to the homebrew community.
Well, since Denny, an admin there, is reading this thread, it makes me think that they are going to other places in the homebrew community looking for suggestions and ideas. Nothing wrong with him pointing us in a direction that might be more effective.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:50 AM   #395
BrewKnurd
Formerly discnjh
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 238 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 112

Quote:

I don't think he was trying to stifle conversation, just pointing out that there's a way to get ideas to the decision makers, and this forum ain't it.

I mean, it's like the debate forum in a way. Nothing will come directly from anything that's said here.

Fake it til you make it.

Old 03-06-2013, 01:23 PM   #396
osagedr
Recovering from Sobriety

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewKnurd View Post
I don't think he was trying to stifle conversation, just pointing out that there's a way to get ideas to the decision makers, and this forum ain't it.

I mean, it's like the debate forum in a way. Nothing will come directly from anything that's said here.
The things that are kicked around here hopefully will lead to some good ideas being taken to the AHA.

The point is that discouraging discussion of ideas here is not cool.

@evilgoatbrewing

Old 03-06-2013, 01:28 PM   #397
BrewKnurd
Formerly discnjh
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 238 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 112

Quote:
The things that are kicked around here hopefully will lead to some good ideas being taken to the AHA.
Right, and Denny just pointed out that you can cut out the middle man by kicking those ideas around on the AHA forum. In other words, you can discuss it here and hope it makes it to the AHA at some point, or you can just take it to the AHA from the start and ensure that it does. No hope required.

Quote:
The point is that discouraging discussion of ideas here is not cool.
I agree with that, I just don't agree that that's what Denny was doing. He was just pointing out that all you're doing here is talking amongst yourselves. He didn't say don't do it.

Anyways, bottom line is everyone should feel free to discuss this wherever and with whomever they prefer.

Fake it til you make it.

Old 03-06-2013, 01:32 PM   #398
osagedr
Recovering from Sobriety

Recipes 

Quote:
Right, and Denny just pointed out that you can cut out the middle man by kicking those ideas around on the AHA forum. In other words, you can discuss it here and hope it makes it to the AHA at some point, or you can just take it to the AHA from the start and ensure that it does. No hope required.
Sounds perfectly reasonable, let's all not talk about something here and go out and sign up for another forum and talk about it there! What an epiphany!

Quote:
, I just don't agree that that's what Denny was doing. He was just pointing out that all you're doing here is talking amongst yourselves. He didn't say don't do it.
To me and others it appeared to be discouraging debate. You saw it differently; good for you.

It's a discussion forum. People will discuss stuff, even if *horror of horrors* it doesn't lead to anything.

@evilgoatbrewing

Old 03-06-2013, 02:20 PM   #399
Chriso
Broken Robot Brewing Co.

Recipes 

Liked 72 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 127

Well, I certainly didn't interpret it as 'discouraging debate' - he simply told us the proper channel to discuss it with them.

I think the whole situation has brought out the worst in a lot of folks. There needs to be some RDW'ing and also some HAHB'ing.

Chriso || SMaSH Brewers, Unite! || Nebraska Brewers! || Lincoln Lagers Brew Club
"You have just experienced the paradigm shift that is....all grain brewing." - BierMuncher
People Like This 
Old 03-06-2013, 04:14 PM   #400
Denny
Recipes 

Liked 433 Times on 326 Posts
Likes Given: 517

Quote:

Absolutely correct. Discuss and debate away here. But posting to the AHA forum will get your concerns and ideas directly in front of the people who can do something about them.

Life begins at 60....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

http://www.experimentalbrew.com - the website for the book "Experimental Homebrewing"...coming Nov. 2014

Chriso Likes This 

Quick Reply