Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > NHC 2014 Conference Changes??

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2014, 10:37 PM   #1
Beernip
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default NHC 2014 Conference Changes??

A buddy and I were looking to get tickets to NHC this year and noticed a few changes (I believe anyways?) this year to the program. WTH do "Guests" need to be AHA members now? This really screws a lot of couples that want to go where only one brews and the other comes for the social hours.

Quote:
Application Window

Opens: 10:00 am MST, February 19, 2014
Closes: 10:00 pm MST, February 26, 2014

Conference registration is open only to AHA members 21 years or older. Membership must be current at the time of application. Altitude Tickets will host the application to register, as well as the payment process.

Each member applying to register may request ONE guest registration.
All guests must also be members of the AHA.
A valid 9-digit AHA member number for each registrant and guest will be required.
Each AHA member may apply to register once; this includes guests. Duplicate entries will be disqualified. Do not apply more than one time.
Quote:
Due to increased demand on conference registration the Social Package is no longer offered.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2014, 10:56 PM   #2
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 939 Times on 625 Posts
Likes Given: 28

That's kind of the point. It's a homebrewer's convention where many homebrewers were shut out due to non-homebrewers showing up as guests. I think what they're trying to accomplish is give a little priority to the people with passion for homebrewing. Sounds fair to me.

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?
Spartan1979 Likes This 
Old 01-30-2014, 12:12 AM   #3
PJM
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 16 Posts

From what I have been reading bobbym is correct about the intent. I also read that the AHA is offering some sort of discounted family membership so that those who want to take spouses can do so (and so AHA can make some extra money).

Old 01-30-2014, 12:22 AM   #4
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4357 Times on 3169 Posts
Likes Given: 848

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJM View Post
From what I have been reading bobbym is correct about the intent. I also read that the AHA is offering some sort of discounted family membership so that those who want to take spouses can do so (and so AHA can make some extra money).
It's $22 for your spouse to be an AHA member.

Bob has no interest in brewing whatsoever- but he may come with me this year so he's joining the AHA.

Old 01-30-2014, 04:44 AM   #5
Beernip
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
It's $22 for your spouse to be an AHA member.

Bob has no interest in brewing whatsoever- but he may come with me this year so he's joining the AHA.
And an extra $90 for the ticket.

Quick Reply