Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > NHC 2012 First Round Scoresheets

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2012, 03:05 AM   #1
HYGBrewin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default NHC 2012 First Round Scoresheets

This is my first year entering the NHC competition and I just received my score sheets back from Philadelphia. My pumpkin beer in the herb spice category scored a 41 and advanced to mini bod, my ipa scored 35 and also advanced to mini bos. Both sheets do not say whether the beer actually placed in the top 3. Is that done purposefully so you don't find put before all results are released, or did they simply not place?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2012, 02:25 PM   #2
dfess1
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 87 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by HYGBrewin View Post
This is my first year entering the NHC competition and I just received my score sheets back from Philadelphia. My pumpkin beer in the herb spice category scored a 41 and advanced to mini bod, my ipa scored 35 and also advanced to mini bos. Both sheets do not say whether the beer actually placed in the top 3. Is that done purposefully so you don't find put before all results are released, or did they simply not place?
great question, wondering the same thing... My "Ode to a Reese's Cup" got a 38 and a "advanced to a mini BOS".

Old 04-05-2012, 02:26 PM   #3
TyTanium
Recipes 

Liked 548 Times on 386 Posts
Likes Given: 418

Congrats on the great scores!

Old 04-05-2012, 02:50 PM   #4
WilliamWS
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I don't have a ton of comp experience and I can't tell you for sure on this one but for the last competition I entered my imperial black ipa scored a 38 and made it to a "mini BOS" but didn't place in the category (23). So that can definitely happen.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:59 PM   #5
hamiltont
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 4

You should have received this form: Competition Cover Sheet. Generally if you placed it will have a number (1,2 or 3) in the "Place Awarded" box. Cheers!!!

If Homebrew & BBQ aren't the answer, then you're askin' the wrong questions... Cheers!!!

Old 04-05-2012, 03:14 PM   #6
ayoungrad
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamiltont View Post
You should have received this form: Competition Cover Sheet. Generally if you placed it will have a number (1,2 or 3) in the "Place Awarded" box. Cheers!!!
Agreed. I entered an IIPA into NHC-Philly this year that advanced to a mini-BOS. There is no number in the blank "Place Awarded" box below this. I am certain this means that it did not place.

Old 04-05-2012, 03:26 PM   #7
eppo
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Wow, you guys are getting your scores back already? i remember last year it was almost may before i got mine back.

Old 04-05-2012, 03:35 PM   #8
dfess1
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 87 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayoungrad View Post
Agreed. I entered an IIPA into NHC-Philly this year that advanced to a mini-BOS. There is no number in the blank "Place Awarded" box below this. I am certain this means that it did not place.
there was some speculation that since the other sites hadn't completed their judging yet, that the official results were being held until then? :shrug:

My Stumps BBQ Clone Build

Old 04-05-2012, 04:50 PM   #9
wonderbread23
Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayoungrad View Post
You may get scoresheets back, but they withhold the actual placements until all judging centers are done (for sake of fairness). Places like Portland have another 2 weeks before judging begins.

Old 04-05-2012, 05:15 PM   #10
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 937 Times on 623 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Actually that's not true at all. The scoresheets do have placement listed. They just will not publish the full list on the website until everyone has submitted the data up to the mother ship.

Whales Club Project Framboise took a 1st in cat 17 in Philly. Oh yeah, see you in Seattle.

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Quick Reply