HBT 2014 Big Giveaway - 4/10 Re-Draw Winners Posted!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > NHC 2010, are you entering?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2010, 10:29 PM   #251
ohiobrewtus
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
Congrats to all who placed in this years comp and will advance to the next round.
Indeed. Congrats to everyone who is advancing. It's not small feat, and there appears to be an abundance of HBT members who will be anxiously awaiting results in June.

Good luck to you all - except those of you who have beers in 16... I hope you all lose.

I wish I could have entered more beers this year, but I just didn't have much of anything ready, so I entered the same beer in 2 different categories. It didn't fare too well in 23, but I'm pretty happy with 50% moving on.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2010, 09:36 PM   #252
Oldsock
Recipes 

Liked 109 Times on 80 Posts
Likes Given: 40

Final round judging is today, anybody else excited to find out how their beer(s) scored?

Check out The Mad Fermentationist for my adventures in fermentation (cheese, bread, ginger beer plant, and of course plenty of funky beer).

Old 06-17-2010, 09:45 PM   #253
Catt22
Recipes 

Liked 55 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Hell yeah I am! I've got high hopes for my North German Pilsner that placed 2nd in the first round and it got a gold certificate too. The score was a tie with another entry for the 1st place and it lost out in the mini BOS, but that's splitting hairs, so I think it stands a good chance for a first. I'm stoked. I sure hope the Pilsner is too.

Old 06-17-2010, 10:38 PM   #254
artbrau
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsock View Post
Final round judging is today, anybody else excited to find out how their beer(s) scored?
I'm splittin' my gut here with anticipation. My "other Mead" scored 48.5 in the northeast, the highest score of any entry in any category of anything. Different judges, different opinions, different bottles, so we'll see.

Old 06-18-2010, 12:04 AM   #255
Zen_Brew
Zensunni Brewer

Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I'm anxiously awaiting. Had a real nice Belgian IPA. It was getting a bit aged and the hop signature had dropped too far so I did a re-brew and blended so as not to lose all the mature Belgian taste that was in the original. The problem was I had a massive head cold when I did the blending and couldn't taste a thing so I just blidly blended 50-50 and crossed my fingers. I tasted a bottle last night that I bottled same day as the comp entries. It's not quite as nice I think as the fisrt one was several weeks ago, but I think it has a fighting chance.

Good luck to all the HBT'ers who have a horse in the race!

Using the mind to look for reality is delusion. Using your senses to look for reality is awareness.

"One time I was so desperate for a beer I snuck into the football stadium and ate the dirt under the bleachers." Homer Simpson

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Hoppiness

Old 06-18-2010, 03:39 AM   #256
passedpawn

Recipes 

Liked 2630 Times on 1696 Posts
Likes Given: 2138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen_Brew View Post
Good luck to all the HBT'ers who have a horse in the race!
yes, good luck!

Old 06-18-2010, 04:48 AM   #257
saq
Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 10 Posts

Good luck to all. I cracked open my Trippel that advanced. Its a damn good beer and I dare say its peaking right now.

Old 06-18-2010, 11:58 AM   #258
SpanishCastleAle
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 29 Posts

TBH, it's not like I had totally forgotten about it but almost. Getting a couple in the second round and getting all the scoresheets/feedback back was really all I had hoped for and I don't really think my beers have much of a chance at this point. If I had scored a friggin 48.5 I might feel differently. GL all.

Early brewers were primarily women, mostly because it was deemed a woman's job. Mesopotamian men, of some 3,800 years ago, were obviously complete assclowns and had yet to realize the pleasure of brewing beer.- Beer Advocate

Quick Reply