Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Newbie, brewed last night forgot to add yeast!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2005, 03:42 PM   #11
Janx
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 10 Posts

Here's the thing. The ONE thing to be very careful about in brewing is sanitation or else you're wasting your time. It sounds like you need to shift your mindset. Everything that comes into contact with the wort must be SANITIZED not just washed. In fact, you should NEVER use soap on brewing equipment.

You shouldn't open your fermenter to peek a bunch. The air is full of bacteria that will infect your beer.

What did you scoop wort out with for the yeast? Did you sanitize it with bleach or iodine or something similar.

Brewing is very forgiving, but sanitation is paramount. EVERYTHING that touches your beer needs to be sanitized. Did you sanitize your fermenter before adding the beer?

Won't you pour me one more of that sinful Old Janx Spirit

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2005, 05:02 PM   #12
harleysilo
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I sanitized the fermentor and the large plastic spoon I dipped the wort out with and the glass measuring cup I put it and the yeast (dry) in. I only peaked in the fermentor to add yest. Someone suggested replaceing water in airlock with PGA, why would I want to do that?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply