Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > New Year, New Beer Challenge!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2013, 12:32 PM   #11
jerrodm
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 117 Times on 87 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Update--I brewed my Belgian partigyle yesterday, and I think it came out great. Hit my volume and gravity targets almost right on the money, although I did forget to add the candi sugar to the saison until after the boil was over--I ended up boiling it separately and adding to the fermenter. I decided I'm going to buy some champagne bottles and do corks and cages for the tripel, hopefully it will be delicious when we open it for next year's NYE party! Anyone else brew a special New Year beer? Results?

For they garner the succulent berries of the hop and mass and sift and bruise and brew them and they mix therewith sour juices and bring the must to the sacred fire and cease not night or day from their toil, those cunning brothers, lords of the vat. -James Joyce

On deck: Orange Cranberry Wit, Dusseldorf Altbier
Primary: Belgian Partigyle Tripel/Saison, 1/1
Secondary: none
Bottles: Northern Brown Ale, 1/10; English IPA, 12/31; Cider, 12/9; White House Honey Ale AG, 12/9;

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 02:43 PM   #12
nukebrewer
Brew the brew!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 10 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2549 Times on 1500 Posts
Likes Given: 5728

I brewed a barleywine yesterday. Went well all things considered. With the ginormous grain bill I calculated for 65% efficiency and ended up getting closer to 60%. It's still going to clock in at a hefty 9.4% ABV and I am really looking forward to giving it a try in about 6 months followed by slowly drinking it over the years on special occasions.

The only thing more asinine than stupid rules is the enforcement of rules simply because they are the rules.

Inhopsicated: A Beer Blog

Inhopsicated on Twitter

Old 01-02-2013, 05:34 PM   #13
daksin
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 272 Times on 238 Posts
Likes Given: 324

This year, I want to brew a 3bbl batch on my own equipment. BEER FOR EVERYONE

I can't be arsed to keep up this list of what's in the fermenters, but hey, check out the cool brewery I own!

twitter.com/2kidsbrewing .. facebook.com/2kidsbrewing .. 2kidsbrewing.com

Old 01-02-2013, 06:13 PM   #14
dougdecinces
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I use the beginning of the year to brew something I always brew: a maibock. In the fermenter the first week of January and ready by April.

Quick Reply