Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > New old beer recipe?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2009, 01:22 PM   #1
NAVET
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default New old beer recipe?

I found an interesting article and after reading it, knew I had to share.

Rewriting the Rules of Brewing Beer - The Atlantic Food Channel

A "Veteran" -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to, and including his life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2009, 01:41 PM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2731 Times on 1638 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Very cool article....

We have had a couple discussions on here about some of his ancient beers...I know I posted some stuff in the one on midas touch. I keep meaning to brew a clone of it.

I'll see if I can find the threads...you may be interested in them.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 08-07-2009, 02:33 PM   #3
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2731 Times on 1638 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Here's a short thread with a couple recipes and links...

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/anci...37/#post721761

Someone's attempt at midas touch;

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f78/dog-...61/#post816769

Here's the thread I was looking for where I had posted some of the research material I had dug up on how they had come up with their recipes.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/saff...29/#post647905

Hope you find them as interesting as I do.....

Now I want to start digging into the other beers mentioned in the article.

Thanks

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 08-08-2009, 01:13 AM   #4
NAVET
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I just find it very interesting what, at one time, was a "normal" brew. Especially when viewed against what we would consider normal. Compared to what we typically brew and drink, those seem kind of off the wall or strange.

But I would still like to try on or two.

A "Veteran" -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to, and including his life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.

Quick Reply