The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > New Local Liqour Store

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2009, 05:08 AM   #1
Stout Man
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default New Local Liqour Store

A local liquor store got new owners and really redid the place. I'd normally have to go to bevmo to get this kind of selection. They have everything now.

I picked up a 6-pack Sierra Nevada Big Foot that just came in today. That beer sure is bitter. Anyone else get some? How does aging it till June sound?

There are a lot of belgian beers. Is there anyone that I have to try? So far I've had Chimay (red,white,blue) and Gulden Draak. I liked the chimay red and blue. The gulden draak was good but just a bit too sweet.

I'm currently on a belgian blog. Belgian Beers

Belgians are so creative with their labels.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2009, 05:09 AM   #2
McKBrew

Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Bigfoot is out again. YES! I love it fresh and aged. Still have 4 bottles of 08 left, and it will mellow some.

Make Beer, Not War.

Old 01-30-2009, 02:52 AM   #3
dstark
Recipes 

I love the bigfoot. I e-mailed sierra nevada about a month ago to see when the release dates are, and they replied "mid to late January". I've been stopping by the store everyday now for about two weeks and nothing yet. Come February 1st I'll ask again.

Quick Reply