Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > New homebrew laws in Wisconsin

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2012, 01:13 AM   #61
Grinder12000
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I never saw this thread when I posted mine. Sorry about that. I believe that thread is dead.

Wait. This is my thread. Now I'm confused.

Zamiel. Put down the beer and sober up.

My thread ( this one) was more about the moron Majority Leader (well, not anymore after today) and his rambling joke of and addendum.

Sorry about getting political but working in government I see the lies this guy is handing out and it sickens me. People are so gullible.

Grinders Island Brewery - Pipeline

Bottled! Award winning East India Porter, Oatmeal Stout, Milk Stout, Saison fermenting at a nice controlled 85 degrees (up from 70) as it should be - weird isn't it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2012, 01:55 AM   #62
motobrewer
I'm no atheist scientist, but...
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 235 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 387

yeah nobody cares. bro.

The man who intoxicates himself on bad whisky is sometimes moved to kill his wife and set his house on fire, but the victim of applejack is capable of blowing up a whole town with dynamite and of reciting original poetry to every surviving inhabitant.

– "A Wicked Beverage," New York Times, April 10, 1894

Old 03-17-2012, 02:38 AM   #63
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4658 Times on 3383 Posts
Likes Given: 916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder12000 View Post
I never saw this thread when I posted mine. Sorry about that. I believe that thread is dead.

Wait. This is my thread. Now I'm confused.

Zamiel. Put down the beer and sober up.

My thread ( this one) was more about the moron Majority Leader (well, not anymore after today) and his rambling joke of and addendum.

Sorry about getting political but working in government I see the lies this guy is handing out and it sickens me. People are so gullible.
If you choose to make political remarks, the ONLY appropriate place is the Debate Forum. Our rules clearly state no political remarks, controversial talk (religion), or other type of chatter will ever take place in the general forums. If you feel it's necessary to keep getting political either take it to the Debate Forum, or find a new forum to be in. Your name calling, snide remarks, and political remarks have you on very thin ice. I suggest editing before too much longer.

Old 03-17-2012, 04:46 AM   #64
Grinder12000
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Yea - as I said - I get worked up. My bad. case closed

Grinders Island Brewery - Pipeline

Bottled! Award winning East India Porter, Oatmeal Stout, Milk Stout, Saison fermenting at a nice controlled 85 degrees (up from 70) as it should be - weird isn't it.

Old 03-23-2012, 02:05 PM   #65
ALCUL8R
Recipes 

So, did the governor sign?
I have to envy you, as Kansas has a one-line rule about homebrew: nothing contained in this act shall prevent:

(b) the making of wine, cider or beer by a person from fruits, vegetables or grains, or the product thereof, by simple fermentation and without distillation, if it is made solely for the use of the maker and the maker's family;

Why make it if I can't share with friends? I'm not really comfortable with "oh, they'd never enforce that"

Old 03-29-2012, 10:59 PM   #66
Scandalous
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I believe the bill will be signed April 1st. And I hear you about your law, I have been homebrewing for nearly 20 years (lol, I started at 9, yeah right), and I nearly fell over when our State Department of Revenue said it was illegal pretty much to do anything but make it and drink it at your own home.

What was weird is the Wisconsin Tavern League came all out against the bill... but I think our constant pressure and reasonable request saved the day.

Cheers!

Old 03-30-2012, 12:23 AM   #67
buffalobrewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I don't get why the tavern league would be against this. Our typical club meetings have people show up about an hour early, eat dinner at the establishment, have a couple pints. Meeting takes place, some homebrew is tasted. Meeting adjourns, a few more pints are had. And all this eating and drinking takes place on a night when there might be 6 others in the establishment at any given time. The owner ends up with a few hundred bucks of business s/he wouldn't have had without the club meeting.

You start with a full bag of luck and a empty bag of experience, your goal is to fill the bag of experience before you empty your bag of luck

Quick Reply