Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > New Glarus Moon Man Pale Ale

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2010, 04:37 PM   #11
jacksonbrown
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

I had a sixer of Moon Man maybe two weeks ago now. I liked it OK, but wasn't exactly head-over-heels for it. I found it to be rather undercarbonated (could have just been that batch) and nothing too spectacular in the over all profile. Pretty straight forward. Extremely quaffable, though. It'll probably end up being a really good staple for them alongside Spotted Cow.

Primary: German Alt
Bottled: Kolch, German Hefeweizen
On tap: 60/- Light Scottish Ale

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2010, 01:40 AM   #12
Sedge
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Just popped one open....Daddy like.

This is the sort of thing I was looking for in my pale ale, but I messed it up. The dryness was there but I over dry hopped and it got a bit grassy. Called it an IPA instead, and my brain handles it better.

Fermenting: Flanders Red Ale
Conditioning: Blackberry Mead, Altbier, Cardamom Saison
Kegged: Vanilla Bourbon Porter, Belgian Strong Dark

Old 04-30-2010, 02:25 AM   #13
khanti
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh10 View Post
I make a drive once a month to Wisconsin to stock up on New Glarus and Central Trails IPA, Ill have to give this one a try, Im just mad that quit making their IPA.
Don't mean to derail the thread too much, but I think you mean Central Waters Brewing's Glacial Trail IPA. That's a wonderful beer! If you haven't yet, try their Bourbon Barrel Barleywine. It's phenomenal!! I reviewed it for a local blog here

As for the New Glarus beer. I'm not an enormous fan of their beers, but I'm willing to give it a try given the raves it's getting here!

Quick Reply