Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > New brewer in the family

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2012, 02:34 AM   #11
TrubDog
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

My younger son got me into brewing a few years back. He's 30 and we brew together often. Just this weekend we had his 30th birthday party and had 4 brews on tap - two of his and two of mine. Lots of friends and family and lots of good beer!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2012, 02:43 AM   #12
gcdowd
Hopalicious
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 195 Times on 149 Posts
Likes Given: 5

My 5 year old loves to help me brew and he's a great partner. I'm training him young. He can already tell me the four main ingredients in beer. I also brew with my dad, so it's a great way to bond with both your parent and your child.

God invented whiskey to keep the Irish from ruling the world.

Old 10-22-2012, 02:56 AM   #13
Onihige
Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Quote:
Going to brew a batch with my oldest son on Saturday. Have to go to the local brewing supply and pick up a kit. I started a few months back and really enjoy it and I think he will also. The weather is going to be pretty crappy so it will be a good brew day!! Maybe I will get to steal some of his beer for a change!
That's really nice, it was kind of the opposite here. I taught my father to brew beer and mead, helped him put together his electric brewing rig, etc. It's really fun brewing with him, even though I often end up doing most of the work. But then again, I also drink quite a lot of it too!

We have fairly similar tastes, he seems to like it more hoppy than me but other than that it's robust, malty beers all the way. Smokey characters are a big plus. It's always nice how he brags about the recipes I put together; "My son made this recipe!"

Speaking of which, I'm always the one supplying recipes. At this rate I might release the first beer recipe book in Swedish. :P

This isn't a beer belly, It's a fuel tank for a love machine.

Old 10-22-2012, 03:12 AM   #14
sweed
Recipes 

Liked 111 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrubDog
My younger son got me into brewing a few years back. He's 30 and we brew together often. Just this weekend we had his 30th birthday party and had 4 brews on tap - two of his and two of mine. Lots of friends and family and lots of good beer!
That's awesome. I have fun drinking a few beers with my dad. Before 21 no way Jose. Beer + family = good time.

Quick Reply