Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > New Brew Dog

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2013, 06:56 PM   #1
shivalotus
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 7 Posts

Default New Brew Dog

Recently adopted a new Shih Tzu and decided that I should brew a celebratory ale. Settled on an APA with Belma/Cascade. Day started off as normal until I realized that I was a little low on propane.

So I leave the freshly milled grain in the kitchen, grab the propane tank and run down the street. During all this I'd noticed there was a shortage of coffee so I decided to hit both errands while I was out. As I'm standing in line I get a series of frantic texts from my wife.

It would seem that the new brew dog has decided to take a more active role in the brewing. She got into the kitchen and buried her face in the grain and was munching away when my wife caught her. My wife was concerned about whether she could eat the malt. I told her the dog would be fine. Her very next text is about whether the beer will be okay. I told her it would be fine.

In the end it looks like I'll have a great story to go with this recipe. Now I just hope it tastes good so I have a reason to keep making it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2013, 07:35 PM   #2
MBTB
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

shivalotus, you're lucky to have a wife who is not only concerned about the dog, but also THE BEER! I hope it turns out good. You could call it SHIH TZU SLOBBER !

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old 01-23-2013, 03:01 PM   #3
DrunkleJon
I'm good enough. I'm smart enough. And doggone it, people like me.
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 945 Times on 719 Posts
Likes Given: 486

American Pale Ale with a Sh*tzu? I would have gone with something more along the lines of a Chinese rice beer...

Old 01-23-2013, 03:27 PM   #4
shivalotus
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkleJon View Post
American Pale Ale with a Sh*tzu? I would have gone with something more along the lines of a Chinese rice beer...
That would make some sense but I also wanted something I would enjoy drinking.

Old 01-23-2013, 04:51 PM   #5
DrunkleJon
I'm good enough. I'm smart enough. And doggone it, people like me.
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 945 Times on 719 Posts
Likes Given: 486

Don't blame you there. Just my semi trollish smartassy internet comment of the day.

Quick Reply