Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway - Last Chance to Enter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > New to Brew

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2013, 05:02 PM   #11
Billy-Klubb
Is Always Watching
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2622 Times on 1674 Posts
Likes Given: 5154

Quote:
Originally Posted by closetbrewing View Post
Hello all. I cooked my first batch on Saturday afternoon with my 14 year old son and all went well-I think so? I visited a local brew supply store and and talked with the owner and he told me to be very carful of kit instructions. He said that there is alot of bad or misleading info out there. So I guess the real question is what is a good book for a beginning brewer. I could also use some advice on extract kits that are one the lighter side. I'm not a big fan of heavy or dark beer. Oh did I forget to tell you this is not my first try at brewing. My brother and I tried about 25 years ogo and it was the worst tasting ____ you could think of. Thanks for your time and any advice is welcome
home brewing has come a long way in the last 25 years. even the last 10 years. getting a solid book, like How to Brew, and taking advice from the pros/semi-pros/enthusiast brewers will really make a difference in the outcome of your beer. check out Northern Brewer on the kits. you can search according to your personal tastes.

There is a difference between pride and arrogance. Which do you hold in your heart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andycr View Post
If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 07:14 PM   #12
emmdubb23
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts

How to Brew for starters and the Designing Great Beers by Ray Daniels after you get comfortable with the process, it took my brew to a new level...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply