Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Never Ever Again__more Beer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2009, 04:10 PM   #41
humann_brewing
More Humann than human
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 313 Times on 311 Posts
Likes Given: 21

I had trouble on 1 order last year but have placed many since then without a hitch.

In fact on the last one I ordered some random specialty grains some 1lb some 3lbs, I ordered 1lb of special b and got 3lbs, so I consider that an error in my favor.

Don't get me wrong, I order from several including AHS, morebeer and just placed an order with midwest yesterday.

Forest: any chance AHA members can get a discount like at Midwest?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2009, 04:11 PM   #42
kornkob
Resident Crazy Uncle

Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Not that I've got any knowledge specific to HB shops but I know that I've experienced people who feel emotionally invested in a small company describe situations that would constitute unacceptable customer service in any organization I was managing. Often when people 'know' the company/owner/retail person they interact with they will make excuses for the organization to protect their emotional investment.

Jason 'Kornkob' Robinson

I wanna move to Theory. Everything works in Theory.

Old 10-23-2009, 04:16 PM   #43
Reelale
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1373 Times on 1331 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinhomebrew View Post
Austin Homebrew has a membership which gets you free shipping and 3 free White Labs yeasts.

What good is free shipping when they treat you like SH** and are always out of things. Compare total delivered price not just "Free Shipping"

I had a customer that wanted me to give 10% off because another store does that for him. I said as long as I get to match thier price. They are on average 20% more expensive than me. The bag of grain he wanted was $20 more but he got a 10% discount.

Forrest
D..n! I just placed an order last night, and did not even see the membership link. In fact, I've placed several orders lately and did not see it. I've spent more than the cost of the membership in shipping and yeast in the last month!
Forrest, is it too late to add a membership to my order?

Old 10-23-2009, 04:20 PM   #44
dontman
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
What good is free shipping when they treat you like SH** and are always out of things.
I make a post about how uncool it is when people jump on a vendor trashing bandwagon like a shark feeding frenzy and then you come on and directly trash a competitor.

Totally uncool lame move.

I just lost some respect. This is something I have never done in my 30 year career for many reasons not the least of which is that I treat others as I would hope they would treat me. You should be above this s#$%.
On Tap: 1. Kelly R. IPA, 2. Roter Hund Hefeweizen, 3. Bud Killer Blonde, 4. Red Dog Pale, 5. Roter Hund Oktoberfest, 6. Pumpkin Ale, 7. McRed's Stout (with new nitro system and stout tap,) Cream Soda, 8. ESB # 3, & 9. Ordinary Bitter.

Old 10-23-2009, 04:40 PM   #45
kornkob
Resident Crazy Uncle

Recipes 

That and bragging about how you ripped off a customer instead of educating them isn't really showing your awesome customer service skills.

Jason 'Kornkob' Robinson

Old 10-23-2009, 04:46 PM   #46
Brewin_CRAZY
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold_Steel View Post
Thats the worst part. They ran out of the parts and didnt let me know and sent the package without it. So I waited and now I dont have the parts.
I cant brew this weekend. I have 80 gallons with no way to put o2 into it.
Well man, if you are really down and out you can get O2 parts from a varity of places. Get an O2 stone from a pet store (not the best solution but a good one time use type of thing) and you can get disposable O2 stuff at homedepot/ most hardware stores. When it comes down to the wire Macgyvering something might just be necessary. If you do go the pet stor O2 route make sure to boil the stone in water for 15mins then soak it in starsan and NEVER use it again. They are only like $2 anyway. Hope this helps and I am sorry to hear that your order got so screwed up, it makes me feel so lucky to have a good homebrew store local. I hope you take your business else ware next time.
Bottled: DFH 120 Clone (Kicks your A$$)

"Brew happy, brew often, and always brew with friends." -Me
"I dont home brew because I'm poor, I'm poor because I home brew!!!" -Me

"If I ever leave this world alive ill be drinkin up in the sky, with you my friend by my side" RIP B.G.
And always remember friends "Do NOT set yourself on fire"

Old 10-23-2009, 04:51 PM   #47
springer

Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kornkob View Post
That and bragging about how you ripped off a customer instead of educating them isn't really showing your awesome customer service skills.

I'm a little lost whom is this directed at?

'The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination.'- Ronald Reagan

Old 10-23-2009, 04:55 PM   #48
TwoHeadsBrewing
Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Almost one year ago, I had a similar problem with a march pump and some fittings for it. They held up shipping my order because ONE little coupler was not in stock. After a couple of days after I placed the order, I noticed the status was still "In Warehouse"...so I gave them a call. They gave me the skinny which was the part online had said "In Stock", but in fact was not. I told them they should have called ME to let me know about that and offered a different part or to ship the order without it. It's not my job to check up on their picking and packing work, and then contact THEM. The customer service agent was very kind, but explained that their web site and warehouse inventory is not "connected", but they were working on a new system to get inventory levels in sync. That was a year ago. A year.

That's why I stick with Austin or my LHBS. I know I can get good customer service from Forrest, even if it takes an extra day to get to NorCal. And if I have to pay a bit more at the LHBS for something I need right away, I'm OK with that. But although I'd like to keep my money in my home state, and support a semi-local business...I just can't justify sending any more money to those guys at B3. Maybe when they get their sh$t together I'll give them another chance.

Fermenting: ESB
Kegged: Extra IPA, Brown Ale, American Wheat, Blackheart Stout
Coming Up: Dunkleweizen, 3C Pale Ale

DIY Fermentation Chamber
More Brew Stuff

Old 10-23-2009, 05:04 PM   #49
kornkob
Resident Crazy Uncle

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
I'm a little lost whom is this directed at?
Well-- there's this:
Quote:
I had a customer that wanted me to give 10% off because another store does that for him. I said as long as I get to match thier price. They are on average 20% more expensive than me. The bag of grain he wanted was $20 more but he got a 10% discount.
Customer asked for a discount. Instead of giving the customer the best price, the retailer says that what he did do is charged the customer more than his advertised price. Then he comes on the most popular homebrew board and brags about that.

What he could have done is this: worked up a verifiable quote using competitor's prices and then applied a discount to bring that price down to what he would have charged anyway. Then the customer would have been really happy--- he would have gotten a 20% discount instead of a 10% discount. Then he could come on here and bragged about how he exceeded his customer's expectations just like he always tries to do because he loves all his customers that much.

Jason 'Kornkob' Robinson

Old 10-23-2009, 05:11 PM   #50
springer

Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 19 Posts

Where in that post do you see that he ripped off a customer he never said he charged him the higher price . He stated clearly to the customer that he would give the customer the 10% off if he could use the other stores higher price.

You are reading things in there that aren't there.

'The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination.'- Ronald Reagan

Quick Reply