Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Never Ever Again__more Beer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2009, 12:53 AM   #21
dasein668
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernlad View Post
I will let you kow when you can all tell me you told me so. So far so good with B3.
What would make you order from all the way across the country anyway?
+1 Three orders have been perfect. Maybe I should quit while I'm ahead...

As for ordering from all the way across the country? Competitive prices, decent selection (contra what someone earlier said), and free shipping over 60 bucks. Usually takes me about 5 business days to receive.

Sounds like this Kyle fellow is not doing the company any favors!
Kegs: Bailey's Porch House APA, Winter Wheat (Dunkelweizen), Copper Ale (alt)
On Deck: Bailey's Porch House APA, Vesper Red Rye, Robust Porter

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2009, 01:09 AM   #22
dontman
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasein668 View Post
+1 Three orders have been perfect. Maybe I should quit while I'm ahead...

As for ordering from all the way across the country? Competitive prices, decent selection (contra what someone earlier said), and free shipping over 60 bucks. Usually takes me about 5 business days to receive.

Sounds like this Kyle fellow is not doing the company any favors!
+1 I have ordered from them 110 maybe 120 times. At least $6000 of money has gone to them over the past 5 years. Have never had a problem, never had an incomplete order, never gotten bad advice, never had an item automatically added to my order, and never paid shipping, flat rate or otherwise. I did have them run out of an item that I was planning to order once but I put a note in the order and they called me the next day to discuss my options.

My latest order to them went in on Tuesday night and I got shipping confirmation yesterday at 1:00. Now I am really worried about the order.
On Tap: 1. Kelly R. IPA, 2. Roter Hund Hefeweizen, 3. Bud Killer Blonde, 4. Red Dog Pale, 5. Roter Hund Oktoberfest, 6. Pumpkin Ale, 7. McRed's Stout (with new nitro system and stout tap,) Cream Soda, 8. ESB # 3, & 9. Ordinary Bitter.

Old 10-23-2009, 01:18 AM   #23
Baja_Brewer
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 4

My orders from Ed at BMW end up costing more than I want them to.... but that is just because his prices are so damn good that I buy more than I originally intended!!!

I've placed three orders from there and I seemed to have drawn the line at $125 for each of them.... but he deserves all the excellent business he hopefully gets! Customer service gets 10 stars on a 5 star scale!

Plus he's always tossing deals at us in BYO and exclusive HBT deals. Go with Brewmaster's Warehouse, never look back.

Courage les garçons, et patience, vos femmes vont finir par apprécier la bière !

Old 10-23-2009, 01:21 AM   #24
bkov
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

i stoped ordering from morebeer awhile ago. i was a repeat customer, then had a bad experience and told them if they dont make it right ill never order from them again. they said sorry, but didnt do anything and didnt seem to care much about losing a customer. so i havent ordered since, but since then BMW started up and they have been great

Old 10-23-2009, 02:39 AM   #25
Rick500
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I've never ordered from MoreBeer, but each time I've tried to compare prices between them and a couple other vendors, they're consistently out of at least 25% of what I want to order.

BMW and AHS have my business, permanently.

Old 10-23-2009, 02:53 AM   #26
northernlad
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick500 View Post
they're consistently out of at least 25% of what I want to order.
This is chronic with them and needs to be fixed.

Old 10-23-2009, 03:02 AM   #27
The Pol
Recipes 

Liked 53 Times on 50 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernlad View Post
This is chronic with them and needs to be fixed.
People have been saying that for years.

Old 10-23-2009, 04:14 AM   #28
kornkob
Resident Crazy Uncle
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 6 Posts

I've only ordered from them a couple times. One of those times they sent the wrong length of vinyl tube. When I called they sent me a new one of the right length and told me to keep the other.

That's not to say their processes dont' suck. If anything it indicates that they are inconsistent.

Jason 'Kornkob' Robinson

I wanna move to Theory. Everything works in Theory.

Old 10-23-2009, 04:32 AM   #29
uechikid
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I've been in the back where they fill the orders milling my own grain....I'm not sure how many of there order fillers speak/read English. Truth. But they are great to me in person. Concord store.

"Carpe Diem"

Old 10-23-2009, 04:42 AM   #30
kornkob
Resident Crazy Uncle
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 6 Posts

With a proper order/pick/pack/ship system there is no reason at all to be able to read or speak any specific language to fill orders. The picker just needs to collect the correct number of the items that match the order number and pack them.

When I worked for a manufacturing outfit, most of the order pickers didn't speak a lick of english (I think they were mostly haitian) and the packers were largely hispanic. And we didn't fill retail orders, which means that when we screwed up a client order, it was tens of thousands of dollars lost (worse if it was big client order like WalMart or Target).

Jason 'Kornkob' Robinson

I wanna move to Theory. Everything works in Theory.

Quick Reply