Need Suggestions on a Brewing Schedule
I recently posted a thread in which I solicited suggestions for some brews that I'll be (happily!) making for my wedding, which will be in July 2011. I got some outstanding recommendations, and I feel like I have a good tentative slate of offerings, which run quite a wide range and will hopefully provide the guests with a really unique and memorable experience.:mug:
Basically, I'm hoping for some feedback on the order in which these things should be brewed. I have one year to make 50 gallons. In no particular order:
1) Single IPA - Pliny Lite ?
2) Mango Pale Ale
3) English pub bitter - ESB
4) Chocolate/cherry porter
5) Czech style pils
6) Apfelwein - Ed Wort's Apfelwein
7) Witbeer [Hooegarden]/ Belgian strong (Dubbel or trippel?)
8) American Wheat [american ale /wheat yeast} / Strawberry blonde
9) amber ale/fat tire clone
10) Vanilla Mead for toast
I'm thinking something like this: (est. brewdate in parentheses)
1) Apfelwein (12 mos till wedding)
2) Vanilla Mead (12 mos till wedding)
3) Czech Pils (6 mos )
4) Chocolate Cherry Porter (5 mos)
5) Amber ale / fat tire clone (5 mos)
6) Witbeer [Hooegarden]/ Belgian strong (Dubbel or trippel?) (4 mos)
7) American Wheat [american ale]/ Strawberry blonde? (4 mos)
8) ESB (3 Mos)
9) Single IPA / Pliny Lite (3 Mos)
10) Mango Pale Ale (2 mos)
Does this seem reasonable? Would you swap things around or leave things as-is ? I don't have too many restrictions (plenty o carboys:D) , and would mainly like to time it so that they are all served at their peak.
Thanks in advance!
To my knowledge that looks like good timing for everything. Good luck trying not to drink it! ... and congrats on the wedding
|All times are GMT. The time now is 11:04 AM.|
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.