Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Need recipe suggestion....

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2011, 07:40 PM   #1
tomlivings
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Need recipe suggestion....

Task:
I have an event I have to brew some beer for on May 28th. Its a 4 course meal, 4 brewers, food is to be tailored to pair with the beer. I dont know what the others are making.

Constraints:
Only have bottles, no keg.
Only have 7 weeks, best to make a beer thats tasty when young.
Dont like step mashing, I always get it wrong.
Its going to be the beginning of summer...
Im not very experienced, only made aroound 8 AG's.

So:
Any ideas? Im thinking maybe a DIPA...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2011, 07:42 PM   #2
Dunerunner
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 29

I'd do an English Brown with a hearty malt backbone and subtle english hops in the back. Drinkable and goes with almost everything!

Old 04-04-2011, 07:54 PM   #3
Golddiggie
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 473 Times on 418 Posts
Likes Given: 266

What kind of menu will they be looking for? Talking more regional, or at least the theme. If it's wide open, then I would go with either the already mentioned EBA, or maybe a solid English pale ale. I'll be bottling my second brewing of my ESB this week, so I'll be able to comment on how it tastes in another couple/few weeks.

Another contender could be a cream ale, amber ale (either American or English), moderate IPA (don't want too much bitterness with it this young, unless everyone loves face implosions).

If you want the IPA, then I would go for an English IPA, since it won't be as high in IBU's... Doesn't mean you can't dry hop the sucker and get the flavor/aroma there. Or do something with FWH, so that you get the IBU's without the bitter hit.

Plenty of options available to you, just make sure it's a style/recipe that will be good in under 2 months from grain...

BTW, which course are you being asked to supply for? That will help us help you more.

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

Old 04-04-2011, 08:04 PM   #4
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4279 Times on 3118 Posts
Likes Given: 825

I hate hefeweizens myself, but that would be a good one to make in a short time, especially since the yeast is part of the flavor profile so if the beers are shaken up a bit during transport or if someone doesn't know how to correctly pour a homebrew, they don't get murky chunky beer.

Quick Reply