Need to marinate turkey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skunkfunk

Reaction score
No way I'm pulling off a gallon of my RIS for this. Plan is a 2 gallon BIAB tomorrow, 4 pounds of grain dry stout recipe and pitch us05. I then marinate the turkey with it on Wednesday. This is instead of buying 3 6packs of guiness or something.

Am I crazy?

Amen!

Though, I will be brinning all three of my turkeys, one of them will end up on the smoker.

I'm jealous! I LOVE my fried turkey, but I kinda wish I had my stuff together to smoke a bird. :mug:

I have a large smoker/rotisserie that we use for a pig roast once a year and if I'd thought of it sooner, I could've smoked 8-10 birds and sold them for Thanksgiving. Maybe next year...

Cheers and Happy Thanksgiving!

http://www.homebrewchef.com/BeerBrinedTurkey.html

I'd check out Sean Paxton's beer brine recipe, I'm going to do the same for my bird this year!

I've done more or less this recipe for the last 4 years and can highly recommend it. I usually pick a base homebrew beer and then supplement with a few holiday commercials I have around like Jubelale, Wassail, etc. I usually make the brine on Sunday, put it into a food safe bucket with a gamma seal, cool it in the fridge overnight and put the turkey in Monday for a ~3day brine.

This year, I'm trying a rye IPA, hoping the rye won't impart too much into the turkey, but we'll see. I will say that when I used a nut-flavored beer, it was the best turkey I've ever had, and everyone else that had it said the same.

I was going to wet brine mine with beer, but I didn't have the time/space to do it...and after reading through Amazing Rib's turkey page I decided to do a dry brine and smoke it. Homebrew turkey will have to wait another year.

Back