New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermeneter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > National Homebrewers conference in San Diego

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2010, 03:20 AM   #1
HBRunner
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default National Homebrewers conference in San Diego

Who has been to one of these? It is June 12, 2011. My wife saw it and wants to make it a weeklong vacation.....

Looks like it would be pretty fun...

anyway, any advice, opinions, info, criticism post it up....

http://www.ahaconference.org/

Thanks

Chad

Primary: Rogue Dead Guy clone, Sweetwater 420 clone
Secondary: Empty
Bottled: I don't bottle
Next up: IPA and something, and american ale maybe

Kegged:Chocolate Oatmeal Stoute

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2010, 03:37 AM   #2
Yooper
Frau Admin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3850 Times on 2813 Posts
Likes Given: 640

It's a great time.

One of my favorite parts of the whole thing is the pre-events. The local homebrew clubs organize some events on Wednesday. One year (in Cincinatti), they offered a bourbon distillery tour in Kentucky, and a fun pub crawl. In Minneapolis we had brewery tours, a pub crawl, a Twins game, etc.

Thursday night is Pro Brewer's night, and some of the country's best breweries bring special things. Friday night is club night- and that's a great time. Saturday night is the banquet (not my favorite thing- food is ok, but the winners of the homebrew comp are announced) and there are wonderful seminars all three days. You can rub elbows with John Palmer and Charlie Papazian, as well as some very cool homebrewers from all over as well as learn from the experts.

I don't think I can make San Diego this time (friends are working on it with me!) but believe me, if you can make it- go! My husband won't go, as he likes beer but not in such quantity. Take a look at some of our pictures of previous NHCs. I have some in my gallery, and I know SoperBrew posted a bunch.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply