New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermeneter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > National Homebrew Convention question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2012, 06:23 PM   #1
blacksailj
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default National Homebrew Convention question

I saw that the National Homebrew Convention and Comp will be held in Philly (where I'm from) on 2013 and would love to go. For those who have gone in the past about how much was the tickets to go to all the events and what should I expect? I just got off the AHA website and couldnt find much info for next year, it was all post 2012 info. Thanks a lot.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2012, 11:10 PM   #2
Love2BrewCrew
Vendor

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Usually you have to purchase a single ticket for the main events which includes 2-3 days of talks, a club night (homebrew clubs showcasing beers) and a pro brewers night. You may pay additional for the banquet (food and beer pairings prepared by professionals; in San Diego it was Sean Paxton) and brewery tours in the area.

Hope this helps.

Old 07-19-2012, 11:13 PM   #3
Yooper
Frau Admin

Recipes 

Liked 3853 Times on 2815 Posts
Likes Given: 641

There tend to be two types of tickets- the "all" and the "social package". The "all" is for the talks, seminars, dinner on Saturday night, etc. The "social package" is for the Thursday night ProBrewers Night and Friday's Club night as well as the hospitality suite. I don't remember the exact cost- maybe $275 for the "all" and $200 for the "social package".

Old 07-19-2012, 11:13 PM   #4
Shooter
Almaigan Brewing Co.

Recipes 

Liked 222 Times on 171 Posts
Likes Given: 35

A full ticket for all three days with the seminars and banquet was $235 in Seattle, assuming you already paid AHA dues for the year.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis, English essayist & juvenile novelist (1898 - 1963)

Old 07-19-2012, 11:38 PM   #5
blacksailj
Recipes 

Perfect! Thanks folks, that about what I was figuring. I am not a member yet but plan on being one within the next month or so. I'll be getting the "all" pass when its time and start thinking of what I'll be brewing for the comp. I can't wait!

Old 07-21-2012, 02:17 PM   #6
blacksailj
Recipes 

Oh ya I almost forgot, what month are the beers for the comp usually sent in by? I think I remember it being March or April.

Old 07-21-2012, 02:19 PM   #7
Yooper
Frau Admin

Recipes 

Liked 3853 Times on 2815 Posts
Likes Given: 641

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksailj View Post
Oh ya I almost forgot, what month are the beers for the comp usually sent in by? I think I remember it being March or April.
The first round starts in March/April (different locations have different dates), and the second round is in mid-June. You can rebrew beers that advance.

Old 07-21-2012, 03:17 PM   #8
blacksailj
Recipes 

Ok that's what I thought. Trying to figure out what beer I would like to enter and plan a brew schedule as well as an equipment buying schedule. Still need a frige and a few small odds and ends. You guys rock!

Quick Reply