Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > My Thanksgiving home brew experiment.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2009, 01:50 PM   #1
Zooom101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default My Thanksgiving home brew experiment.

This being my first Thanksgiving as a home brewer I decided to conduct an experiment. I filled the drink cooler with half Miller light and the other half with my various home brews. After explaining to everyone what each of them was and how to pour them, I let them go at it. I also told everyone to save their empty bottles (even the twist off Miller's, for accounting purposes). This morning I went out and counted up all of the empties. I was delighted to see that TWICE as many home brews were consumed compared to the Miller's.

So, I've concluded that either I'm doing alright with my brewing, or people really don't like Miller.

Bottled/Kegged: Crappy Bock (my first brew!), IPA, Manny's Octoberfest, Paulaner Hefe-weizen clone (my first all-grain!), Ed's Honey Oatmeal Stout, Dos Equis clone, Pumpkin Spice Ale (my first ruined batch), American Red Ale, Angel Wings from BCS, Edworts Apfelwein, American Wheat from BCS,Terrapin Rye Pale Ale from CYBI, Munich Madness from BCS.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2009, 02:51 PM   #2
Handle
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooom101 View Post

So, I've concluded that either I'm doing alright with my brewing, or people really don't like Miller.
It's a step in the right direction, either way.

What homebrews did you stock the cooler with?

Old 11-27-2009, 03:24 PM   #3
Zooom101
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I had some Oatmeal Stouts, some left over Octoberfests, some hefeweizens, and what I call crappy bock. The crappy bock was my first attempt at home brewing and it came out a little weak and watery for my tastes, but my mother-in-law loves it. Most people went for the hefeweizen.

Bottled/Kegged: Crappy Bock (my first brew!), IPA, Manny's Octoberfest, Paulaner Hefe-weizen clone (my first all-grain!), Ed's Honey Oatmeal Stout, Dos Equis clone, Pumpkin Spice Ale (my first ruined batch), American Red Ale, Angel Wings from BCS, Edworts Apfelwein, American Wheat from BCS,Terrapin Rye Pale Ale from CYBI, Munich Madness from BCS.

Old 11-27-2009, 03:31 PM   #4
chefmike
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 10

And if you have a keg system... no more explaining the pouring.

This year folks brought wine, as they have learned I supply the beer. Then they all drank beer and left the wine. Win-win for me!

Building: gardens, recipes, and trailer mounted smoker/ wood pizza oven

Old 11-27-2009, 03:36 PM   #5
SFBEER
Recipes 

Means 2 things. You friends have good tast in beer and you make decent brew. My friends have stopped bringing anything at all now that I make wine too. Now they just bring empties and orders for the sweet girly wines and the rich stouts.

Old 11-27-2009, 03:49 PM   #6
khiddy
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 4

That's awesome! You have some smart friends!

Bottled: Ye Olde Tyme Holiday Ale (9/26/10); Dick Beer (2/15/12); Candy's Dad's Homebrew (2/27/12)
Apfelweins: Crapfelwein (4/4/12); Apfelweinlager 34/70 (2/26/12)
Kit Wines: Fisher-Price My First Amarone (4/1/12); Rosso Magnifico (4/17/12)
On Deck: Albertus Magnus DIPA

Quick Reply