New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > My son is going to ruin my pale ale

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2011, 12:16 AM   #51
Weizenwerks
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by heywolfie1015 View Post
RDWHAHB, and get your nose out of my business.
When you post on a public forum, it becomes the world's business. Welcome to the Internet.

Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2011, 12:21 AM   #52
SwampassJ
Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weizenwerks View Post
When you post on a public forum, it becomes the world's business. Welcome to the Internet.
Telling someone their a lazy and bad parent because the kid got into the airlock and then speculating on the rest of their parenting skills kind of crosses that.

Old 03-01-2011, 01:20 AM   #53
RTKBA
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoalCracker View Post
It was a pellet gun and yea I was supervised for a while until I knew what I was doing. But, you get the point.
OK that's understandable. I thought you were referring to a firearm and even with my beliefs on gun control thats just crazy.

It does appear no one is going to come to an agreement here. Some see it as cute and safe some see it as careless and potentially dangerous. I assume it has something to do with the way people are raised.

I will always fondly remember the days of mall security, the expressions on the thankful patrons you saved from certain molestation in the mall bathrooms. The look of pain in the drooling face of the shoplifter you just choke-holded to unconciousness

Old 03-01-2011, 03:40 AM   #54
snccoulter
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 28

So I had a .22 rifle when I was 7 and I could take it out any time I wanted. We lived up against National Forest and my pops a County Sherrifs Officer got me it. I did not have to ask i could get my single shot .22 and take it in the back yard and shoot. I was provided with a safe enviroment to learn and use my rifle. I was never alowed to have a BB gun or a Pellet gun becasue they can cause unsafe actions with guns. But i was un supervised when I shot a lot of the time. Shoot when i was 10 i was squirel hunting with a semi auto .22. Yes at 1 I would not alow them to drink any vodka but then I dont see the kid actually drinking it maby licking fingers but is there a concern about that NO. I say wait till you have kids before you pass judgement on and call someone a lazy parent or just plane dumb.
Hell my daughter ran out in the street today while I was putting her car seat in the truck. Am i am lazy parent NO I am very active and I try to keep my eyes on the kids all the time but one goes one way the others go the other what happens then. turn you head for 30 seconds and they are into all sorts of stuff. DO NOT pas judgement untill you have a few running around

“Fairy tales don't tell children that dragons exist; children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”
― G.K. Chesterton
http://whatalesyou.webs.com/
VoodooManX Likes This 
Old 03-01-2011, 04:20 PM   #55
robtotten
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 9

You're lucky. With my son it only takes 5 seconds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snccoulter View Post
turn you head for 30 seconds and they are into all sorts of stuff. DO NOT pas judgement untill you have a few running around

Old 03-01-2011, 05:17 PM   #56
VoodooManX
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Wow. The lazy parent comment was really out of line. That poster obviously doesn't have children. I am also surprised by the people making comments about firearms. My 19mo old manages to get into things that I thought were completely impossible. You know you're a parent when you don't hear your child screaming nearly as much as when you DON'T hear them at all.

We all need to be responsible whether it's booze, guns, driving, staring at the sun, you name it.

To the OP: raising them is a trip isn't it? It's easily the best experience on earth. It's easy to get defensive when someone criticizes your parenting, especially if you're as serious about it as I am.

We all live different lifestyles. The less we judge, the more we learn.

Old 03-01-2011, 05:22 PM   #57
VoodooManX
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTKBA View Post
I assume you mean they let you shoot it under strict supervision? If not either you are a story teller or you had some extremely irresponsible and completely stupid parents. Who the hell gives a six year old a firearm? It is one thing to take a 6 year old to the range and let them plink around with a .22 but if they actually let you just run around with it they are retarded. No 6 year old can display proper firearms safety.
And your SN is RTKBA Right to Keep and Bear Arms. Shame on you sir. There are very many 6yo's that can display firearms safety. In my professional observation children are much better learners than adults. Name calling isn't cool.

Old 03-01-2011, 05:28 PM   #58
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 3857 Times on 2818 Posts
Likes Given: 644

When I said knock it off, I meant it.

Closed Thread