Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > My search of kegs
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2012, 07:20 PM   #11
Frige
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 68 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Ok my bad.
Since everyone here has kegs that were 100% purchased legally and have receipts to prove it. I must be the bad guy. I tried to inject a little humor in to a long process that was very frustrating. I never went looking for stolen kegs but from what all of you are saying they must be. Even though they were never offered to me as stolen, in fact just the opposite. I will now turn myself in. Anyone willing to put some money in my commissary?

Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2012, 07:28 PM   #12
bwirthlin
Recipes 

Liked 53 Times on 38 Posts

Who cares where they came from, they're yours now. I say good job and congratulations on your kegs. Last I checked they hadn't started installing LoJack on kegs yet. I'm guessing you'll be just fine.

Old 10-06-2012, 10:13 PM   #13
Brulosopher
Recipes 

Liked 210 Times on 171 Posts
Likes Given: 134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frige View Post
Ok my bad.
Since everyone here has kegs that were 100% purchased legally and have receipts to prove it. I must be the bad guy. I tried to inject a little humor in to a long process that was very frustrating. I never went looking for stolen kegs but from what all of you are saying they must be. Even though they were never offered to me as stolen, in fact just the opposite. I will now turn myself in. Anyone willing to put some money in my commissary?
No one meant to hurt your feelings. Now go start cutting steel

Old 10-06-2012, 11:07 PM   #14
OntarioBeerKegs
www.OntarioBeerKegs.com
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 

Recipes 

Liked 41 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwirthlin View Post
Who cares where they came from, they're yours now. I say good job and congratulations on your kegs. Last I checked they hadn't started installing LoJack on kegs yet. I'm guessing you'll be just fine.
That answer is so 2008!

http://www.schaeferkegs.com/keg_tracking.php

Old 10-06-2012, 11:15 PM   #15
bwirthlin
Recipes 

Liked 53 Times on 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntarioBeerKegs
NOOOOOOO!!!! Hahahahaha I'm screwed!

Old 10-07-2012, 06:30 AM   #16
VladOfTrub
Recipes 

Liked 123 Times on 89 Posts
Likes Given: 164

The bar stool lawyers and preachers are on the prowl..... No doubt, the kegs were stolen by a country wide syndicate of nibble fingered keg crooks. Selling them on a secret advertizing site called Craigs List or through clandestine flea markets. It's a mega-billion dollar business. An agency needs to be formed, to stop this illicit sale of beer kegs.

Old 10-07-2012, 02:59 PM   #17
Xpertskir
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 413 Times on 268 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessking View Post
Paying a deposit and keeping the keg is stealing. The deposit is an incentive to return the keg. Paying it in no way covers the cost of the keg, nor is it a legit purchase. This sort of stuff is what gives home brewing a bad rep. Acquire your equipment properly or keep it to yourself.
Homebrewers have a bad rep? Thanks for the laugh.

Old 10-07-2012, 07:00 PM   #18
homebrewbeliever
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts

In all fairness, some people are just totally sketchy on Craigslist. They get all weird about selling stuff to strangers and are totally afraid for their privacy, like you are either a threat at stealing from them or raping them or something. I have made some legitimate transactions over Craigslist of legitimate merchandise (both selling and buying), in which the other party was quite shady. I'm not saying that Frige's kegs aren't stolen, I'm just saying that because some sellers from Craigslist acted shady doesn't necessitate the fact that the kegs are stolen.

For eclectic escapades in home-brewed deliciousness:
http://homebrewbeliever.blogspot.com

Old 10-07-2012, 07:02 PM   #19
homebrewbeliever
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladOfTrub View Post
The bar stool lawyers and preachers are on the prowl..... No doubt, the kegs were stolen by a country wide syndicate of nibble fingered keg crooks. Selling them on a secret advertizing site called Craigs List or through clandestine flea markets. It's a mega-billion dollar business. An agency needs to be formed, to stop this illicit sale of beer kegs.
Bahahahahahaha Thanks for the bit of humor!

For eclectic escapades in home-brewed deliciousness:
http://homebrewbeliever.blogspot.com

Old 10-08-2012, 02:46 AM   #20
chessking
Recipes 

Liked 60 Times on 43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frige View Post
This has been a interesting journey. I needed 3 kegs for my 3 tier. So I started looking on craigslist and found most folks want as much as the deposit price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwirthlin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VladOfTrub View Post
I have no idea if these kegs were stolen or not. I was only commenting on the OP statement about the cost being as much as the "deposit price". The deposit is not the purchase price of the keg. You can buy the keg from breweries and other sources legitimately. When you leave a deposit, you are promising to return it. Keeping it is not a legitimate purchase. It is also going back on your word. You all can do what you want of course, I just have a thing about thievery. I don't like it when its done to me. I guess I'm the oddball.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply