Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > My order from Brewmaster's Warehouse...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2009, 06:06 AM   #1
Gremlyn
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default My order from Brewmaster's Warehouse...

Just wanted to let everyone know to beware when buying from Brewmaster's Warehouse. I recently ordered my grain from them for my Shiver-Me-Bitters memorial brew. Upon receiving the grain, I noticed something was different about it and after having brewed the beer, it's all clear to me now. The grain crush was amazing! I planned on 70% efficiency, and ended up with 77%! Ed, what's up with that man? Screwing up my recipes :P

So everyone beware! When ordering from Brewmaster's Warehouse you may get better than expected efficiency!

All kidding aside, I could definitely notice the difference in the crush of the grain over what I get at my LHBS (in that BMW crush is superior). Thanks Ed, that's my first underestimation of efficiency I will definitely be coming back to your webstore.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2009, 06:51 AM   #2
masonsjax
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 400 Times on 295 Posts
Likes Given: 442

Agreed. BMW is my go-to.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:47 AM   #3
Want2Brew
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Another thumbs up for Brewmaster's Warehouse

Old 09-20-2009, 03:45 PM   #4
stevea1210
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

While I love Ed's crush, what I really love is the heavy duty bags he puts the grain in. It is nice to not have my grain in a bag so thin it gets a tear from simply looking at it.

You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel. - Homer Jay Simpson

Old 09-20-2009, 04:07 PM   #5
EuBrew
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 4

+1,000,000 I did 2 batches this weekend, one from Ed one from another supplier. I get my order a day faster from Ed, and the crush was AMAZING. I used 5.2 for the first time with this batch and had planned on 5 gallons at 75% eff. I ended up getting 6 gallons at 78% from the same grain bill!! The other batch I used 5.2 again and ended up below 60% on eff. BMS gets all my grain business from here on out (until I can afford my own mill)

Simply said, ED ROCKS!! THANKS BREWMASTERS WAREHOUSE!!!!!

Secondary 1: empty
Secondary 2: empty
Secondary 3: empty

Kegged: Nada
Bottled Nada

Planned: Sierra Nevada Celebration clone
CBC Bodhi IPA

I may be naive but I make up for that with inexperience!!

Old 09-20-2009, 04:50 PM   #6
KayaBrew
Recipes 

Liked 126 Times on 110 Posts
Likes Given: 104

I can't say enough about BMW! I was a loyal customer of another popular HBS (online), and after one too many botched orders *AND* when I switched to AG, I also switched to BMW. Best HBS out there.

Old 09-20-2009, 07:39 PM   #7
Brewenstein
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I made Lil' Sparky's nut brown ale for the second time yesterday. My gravity readings were much higher (pre-boil, post boil) than the first time, and I had to make an extra hop addition during the boil to keep the IBU's in line with my calculated post boil gravity. I was wondering what was up and reviewed my notes from the previous time I brewed this. Then it struck me - I bought and crushed the grains from one of the LHBS near me for the first brew and bought from BMW for the second. My efficiency the first time was 68%. Yesterday it was 84% ! Holy better crush, Brewman ! Then I looked at my notes from my other AG brews and I was getting around 70%. With the BMW brews I am in the low 80%'s on average. Great job, Ed. I am one happy customer .

Old 09-20-2009, 07:58 PM   #8
gyllstromk
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

+1

Although, funny enough, I tried to stop by when visiting my parents in Atlanta and apparently they aren't even legally allowed to ship in GA.

Old 09-21-2009, 12:19 AM   #9
mthompson
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 45 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Just got my next three 5gal batches last week from Brewmaster's...I think I have found my supplier!!!

Entered Yuri's pumpkin ale into the BrewBuilder (but it still comes up as Anonymous spice, herb, veg) added 1 lb of 6-row, then added it to the cart with two Haus Pales and miscellaneous other things. ~$25 cheaper than any other online vendor, ~$100 cheaper than the LHBS (+45min one-way)....and I got it all in four days.

Just pitched into the pumpkin (planning it for T-day not Halloween) day went really smooth but slower than usual....rice hulls saved the day on this one!

Thanks Ed, you made my week!!!!

Old 09-21-2009, 03:30 AM   #10
Hound_Dog
Recipes 

I just met Ed this weekend and he is truly a stand up guy. By the way Ed, The new cooling setup worked awesome. Wort went from a boil to 58 in 17 minutes!!! Thanks for the pointers.

My dog smells like PineSol and he insists on sitting on my lap.

Quick Reply