Home Brew Forums

Home Brew Forums (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum.php)
-   General Beer Discussion (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/)
-   -   My Neighbor's response to my HB. Completely shocking! (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/my-neighbors-response-my-hb-completely-shocking-57080/)

devaspawn 02-29-2008 07:46 PM

My Neighbor's response to my HB. Completely shocking!
 
So I brewed a Pale Ale very similar (as far as I am concerned) to a BMC style. My neighbor drinks BMC crap all the time so I figured he'd like it. I gave him a sample and he said he didn't like it that much. I was completely taken aback. My first reaction was that it must be better tasting than BMC and that's why he didn't like it. He told me it tasted better than BMC but he'd rather have my first brew which was a Fat Tire clone. He said he expected something better than a BMC if he was going to drink homebrew. BMC is crap beer but it's cheap. My jaw dropped to the floor! I had recently read the "stupidest things said about your homebrew thread" (funny f-ing read!) and I guess I had been jaded and hadn't given him the benefit of the doubt.

I just thought I'd write a thread about positive remarks from non-HB drinkers.

:tank:

ohiobrewtus 02-29-2008 07:59 PM

At least you have neighbors who will try your homebrew. I'm surrounded by non-drinking bible-thumpers who are 100% convinced that I make moonshine and will be going straight to hell. :rockin:

BierMuncher 02-29-2008 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohiobrewtus
...I make moonshine and will be going straight to hell. :rockin:

See you there.

Don't forget the homebrew.

Boerderij_Kabouter 02-29-2008 08:05 PM

Quote:

I'm surrounded by non-drinking bible-thumpers
You should bring them some Trappist ale and when they refuse ask why they don't support the Lords work.:D Then you could start yelling at them about being hypocritical, and tell them how Thomas Jefferson was a very accomplished homebrewer along with many of the other founding fathers. Maybe they and anti-American! Sorry... I got a little riled up. But the Trappist thing would be funny. Of course, I don't have to live next to them....

wedge421 03-01-2008 12:12 AM

I think if you have had only the BMC stuff then you get this wierd loyalty to these companies. Then again he may be one of the people that you just cant please.

devaspawn 03-01-2008 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wedge421
I think if you have had only the BMC stuff then you get this wierd loyalty to these companies. Then again he may be one of the people that you just cant please.

No, that's the thing. He basically said that if he wanted a standard American style beer he could go get that real cheap at the store. My understanding was that he knows BMC is crap and when he has one of my homebrews he doesn't want me to try to replicate it just so he'll enjoy it. He actually enjoys the different flavors that come with homebrew.

:tank:

ohiobrewtus 03-01-2008 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BierMuncher
See you there.

Don't forget the homebrew.

I plan on taking my Sanyo with me... you bring your keezer and we'll be set for a few weeks. :rockin:

BierMuncher 03-01-2008 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohiobrewtus
I plan on taking my Sanyo with me... you bring your keezer and we'll be set for a few weeks. :rockin:

And isn't a week in hell like an.......eternity?

Chaos_Being 03-01-2008 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boerderij Kabouter
You should bring them some Trappist ale and when they refuse ask why they don't support the Lords work.:D Then you could start yelling at them about being hypocritical, and tell them how Thomas Jefferson was a very accomplished homebrewer along with many of the other founding fathers. Maybe they and anti-American! Sorry... I got a little riled up. But the Trappist thing would be funny. Of course, I don't have to live next to them....

That's hilarious :D

I don't really talk to any of my neighbors so who knows what they would think of my homebrew...they're mostly a bunch of rednecks though, so I'd expect they'd be a part of the "BMC and cheap whiskey" group, and wouldn't really enjoy a nice craft brew :p

TexLaw 03-01-2008 05:23 PM

That's a great story. People will surprise you. I've never received a higher compliment than when a classmate of mine, a sworn Miller Lite drinker, went back for another of my homebrews instead of the Miller Lite he brought to my party. "It ain't no Miller Lite, Doakster, but it's a damn good beer," he said with a big grin on his face. I was on Cloud 9.


TL


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:40 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.