The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > My latest B3 orders

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2009, 12:09 PM   #1
TommyBoy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default My latest B3 orders

So on Monday I placed orders for over $1700 in parts from B3. I broke it up into 5 orders so if they didn't have an item it wouldn't hold up everything. Just a few other parts. I also made sure that I separated all the items that probably needed built (pro chiller, pro pump, etc.) I check up on my orders this morning and only one is "being picked". Looks like the others still haven't even started. I expected maybe one or two of these orders to be held up but not all but one! I will be very dissappointed if it takes longer for these guys to put together my order than it is to ship it out to me. Although all my parts stated that they were in stock I am beginning to think that there might be an inventory issue.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2009, 12:31 PM   #2
The Pol
Recipes 

Liked 51 Times on 48 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBoy44060 View Post
So on Monday I placed orders for over $1700 in parts from B3. I broke it up into 5 orders so if they didn't have an item it wouldn't hold up everything. Just a few other parts. I also made sure that I separated all the items that probably needed built (pro chiller, pro pump, etc.) I check up on my orders this morning and only one is "being picked". Looks like the others still haven't even started. I expected maybe one or two of these orders to be held up but not all but one! I will be very dissappointed if it takes longer for these guys to put together my order than it is to ship it out to me. Although all my parts stated that they were in stock I am beginning to think that there might be an inventory issue.
I stopped shopping there when I placed orders for "in stock" items, that turned out to be "out of stock" two weeks later and I never got my order. They recieved 100% of my business until that game started. There are a lot of great suppliers and the market is getting very competitive.

Old 02-26-2009, 12:58 PM   #3
TommyBoy
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pol View Post
I stopped shopping there when I placed orders for "in stock" items, that turned out to be "out of stock" two weeks later and I never got my order. They recieved 100% of my business until that game started. There are a lot of great suppliers and the market is getting very competitive.
I remember the talks here about "in stock" items not being at B3 and thats why I am now worrying that this is the case. I did have several items that I needed to get from B3 but I am seriously considering having B3 a "last resort" supplier for future orders.

Old 02-26-2009, 01:09 PM   #4
Boerderij_Kabouter

Recipes 

Liked 115 Times on 100 Posts
Likes Given: 11

You should call them and express your concern.

Old 02-26-2009, 05:13 PM   #5
bkov
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

i placed an order on the 15th and im not expected to recieve it untill the 4th.

Old 02-26-2009, 05:18 PM   #6
humann_brewing
More Humann than human
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 308 Times on 306 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBoy44060 View Post
What shipping option did you choice? Keep in mind if you selected their free shipping option that they do have a disclaimer that it takes 2-4 business days to get it out.

| MoreBeer

Today is your 4th day.

On a side note, I like B3 when I can make it into one of their retail locations, but if I order online, I just have to place a week in advance if I want their free shipping that is.
On tap: #79 Berliner Weisse 1.030 9/20/12, Flanders, Barleywine, Wild Blonde (1.045 blonde hopped up and fermented with WLP644), #80B rett Saison
Fermenting: #82 Galaxy IPA, #83 Black IPA
Aging: #67 Bareleywine 1.116 11/07/2012, Flanders 2 batches 1.056 and 1.060 12/12/11 and 3/26/12, Kriek, 1.052 12/11,

Old 02-26-2009, 05:26 PM   #7
TwoHeadsBrewing
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 2

When using their free shipping, I've noticed they take about 2-3 days just to package up the order. It only takes 1-2 days to get here once UPS picks it up. However, if I pay for the shipping it usually is packaged up and sent out the next day. I called and griped about stuff that was out of stock on my order, and they replied with "Getting our inventory tied to our online store is one of our goals for 2009." It's hard to believe a company that size wouldn't have a live inventory reflected to their online store. For a small place, I can see that but not a large corporation that deals in volume. Just a disaster waiting to happen, especially when times get tight and you start carrying less inventory. I'm done ordering through them until they get a "live" inventory system and start packaging stuff up faster. I'd love to support a semi-local business, but for now my LHBS or Austin Homebrew will be getting my orders...

Fermenting: ESB
Kegged: Extra IPA, Brown Ale, American Wheat, Blackheart Stout
Coming Up: Dunkleweizen, 3C Pale Ale

DIY Fermentation Chamber
More Brew Stuff

Old 02-26-2009, 06:27 PM   #8
TommyBoy
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boerderij_Kabouter View Post
You should call them and express your concern.
I will give them the benefit of the doubt until Monday. After that I will want to know why my order has not been processed. I will be very disappointed if the answer is that items are out of stock.

Old 02-26-2009, 06:31 PM   #9
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2747 Times on 2698 Posts
Likes Given: 111

Why is MoreBeer called/referred to as B3? This has always confused me. I've never used them and can't access their site at work which is when I do all my brew related browsing/shopping.

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas. :o - marubozo

Old 02-26-2009, 06:34 PM   #10
Boerderij_Kabouter

Recipes 

Liked 115 Times on 100 Posts
Likes Given: 11

B3 = Beer, Beer, and more Beer

morebeer.com is there website

I have ordered from them and have always been very impressed. However, I haven't ordered in a year and there stuff is continually back ordered and there have been a great number of problems reported here.

Quick Reply