Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > My homebrew kicks my a$$.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2009, 03:49 AM   #1
kirscp
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default My homebrew kicks my a$$.

The nice thing about home brewing:

It's fun.
You create your own beer from scratch.
Gives you a kick in the a$$.

It is amazing how bud light, miller lite, MGD, etc, seem to taste like bottle water after drinking some home brew.

It's been quite some time since I've drank any commercial beers, months. I was drinking like a fish ... took a long time to feel the affects. After 16oz of homebrew, you start to feel it.

Heres to HOME BREWING!

Thanks to my co-worker whom does his own wine, my uncle whom has been home brewing for years, and a friend (after a conversation about making beer with him I decided to start myself).

Bottoms up to all you home brewers!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2009, 04:00 AM   #2
woollybugger2
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

cheers, one 22 oz bottle of my Tripel and I'm giddy...

Consumed:#2 Hefeweizen, #3 SoHo Brown Ale, #7 Belgian Wit, #9 Belgian Amber
Bottled: #1 Trout Belgian Trippel, #4 Smoked Porter, #5 Apfelwein, #10 Bell's Brown Ale Clone, #11 Belgian Wit, #8 Wee Heavy
Secondary:#6 Trout Belgian Trippel
Secondary:
Primary 1:
Primary 2:
Primary 3: Empty
On deck: ???

Old 03-29-2009, 04:06 AM   #3
Brewing Clamper

Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Yeah, I"m half in the bag right now, and I've only had... wait.. damn... I lost count... gonna have to start over.

--Omar

4 Ohms Aleworks & Lagers | Twitter | Facebook | Blog |

Old 03-29-2009, 04:18 AM   #4
kirscp
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewing Clamper View Post
Yeah, I"m half in the bag right now, and I've only had... wait.. damn... I lost count... gonna have to start over.
That might be my problem too! lol

Old 03-29-2009, 12:20 PM   #5
bbrim
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I'm like immune to homebrew or something. I'll have a friend over and offer them a second variety of beer after they finish their first. They almost always turn me down saying that they've mixed my beers before. I drink 2-3 different styles anytime I drink and never feel wasted at all, maybe because I only drink 2-3.

Old 03-29-2009, 02:05 PM   #6
Smurfe
I Pull It By Hand!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I agree about home brew spoiling you from BMC. I have tried to drink them a few time since I started brewing and have yet to ever finish one. If we eat out at a place around here where that is all they serve, and there are a lot of places, I just drink an iced tea.

On the other hand. Since I have started home brewing I buy a whole lot more commercial beer to try all of the different styles and vast brands of the same style to find that perfect to my palliate beer. While that is great, it used to cost me a dollar a pop for a BMC and now I pay $4.99 plus a pop (pint) for a beer.

Old 03-29-2009, 04:10 PM   #7
Matt Up North
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I actually smell my commercial pints before trying them now in order to see if I could deconstruct them. I have also found that beer that I used to think was tits is now mediocre and sometimes just plain garbage. I don't think that I am a snob, but I am amazed at the crap that is out there. Food is the same way, once you learn how to cook well, going to the diner just doesn't seem like a good idea any more.

Old 03-29-2009, 04:19 PM   #8
Smurfe
I Pull It By Hand!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Up North View Post
I actually smell my commercial pints before trying them now in order to see if I could deconstruct them. I have also found that beer that I used to think was tits is now mediocre and sometimes just plain garbage. I don't think that I am a snob, but I am amazed at the crap that is out there. Food is the same way, once you learn how to cook well, going to the diner just doesn't seem like a good idea any more.
Amen to that brother I will say though that a few of the Diners around where I live make better food than some of the "fine dining" establishments around here. I am blessed with great food here in South Louisiana though. There are numerous greasy spoon diners with better food than Emril's or John Besh's world famous local establishments. Not saying those places are crap, they are fantastic. Just some locals that have better flavors in their dishes.

Old 03-29-2009, 10:17 PM   #9
redraider629
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Up North View Post
I know what you mean. I am the same with my beer that I am with pizza, after the first time I went to New York and tried a real pie I have never been able to enjoy pizza hut and dominoes. The same with BBQ after I started making BBQ I can't go to the chains anymore because they are just not as good.

Crazy Pig Brewery

Big Drew's BBQ & Brew

Old 03-29-2009, 10:26 PM   #10
fixie
Recipes 

Hooray to making you own! 22 here I come!

Primary: Ed Wort's Haus Pale ale, Dead Guy Clone(Yooper's) APA
Kegged: Dry Stout, Oatmeal Stout

Quick Reply