Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > My Founders Brewing Co Story

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2012, 12:41 PM   #101
AdamWiz
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlyday View Post
I like breweries like deschutes brewery who give you alot of the info, like the malts and hops they use, but not the amounts. If fun to try and reverse engineer the recipe from what they give you.
I enjoy that as well. In fact, I have seen some craft breweries (although I can't seem to remember which ones right now) put right on the labels what types of malts and hops are in each beer.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2012, 02:10 PM   #102
Mishraile
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Wow, this thread sort of exploded huh?

Put my two cents in. I think you probably over reacted a bit (you have admitted that) and in your shoes I probably would have at first too. That being said, sharing their information is their call, and canned responses, as much as they suck, are there for a reason usually.

I would say this, the cashew question wasn't a big deal and he DID tell you later, so thats cool, but the Yeast thing doesn't surprise me at all, as most places use house yeast strains and thats how they obtain and retain "house" flavors. (I would love to figure out what yeasts HalfAcre in Chicago uses).

"My own beard boasts my brewing ability better than my brewing ability can stand up to."

Old 09-18-2012, 07:41 PM   #103
skibb
Recipes 

Liked 39 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
I would love to figure out what yeasts HalfAcre in Chicago uses
A buddy of mine received a recipe straight from the brewer and they said they used WLP051

Quick Reply