Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > My First Competition?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2007, 02:51 PM   #1
Hardball
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default My First Competition?

Our local University Brew Club is hosting a homebrew competition.

http://cpbrewcrew.com/competitions.html

I have an ESB that will have had 3 weeks in the bottle on that date. I am going to take it down and have them give it a judge. I tasted one last night and it is very raw at this point but I think it will be fun.

Secondary: Empty
Bottle Conditioning: Empty
Drinking: Commercial
RIP:English Special Bitter, American Pale Ale, American Amber Ale, IPA, American Wheat w/Raspberry Puree, Oatmeal Stout, Summit IPA

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2007, 06:15 PM   #2
Hardball
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

The competition I entered on Sat. was fun but a complete cluster-f**k. They had over 70 entrants (expecting about 25-30). There was no way to judge all those beers in one sitting by the judges. After 3 hours I finally had to leave (work next day, and age played a factor). I never got the judging sheet back but it was cool to see how many other brewers are lurking in my area. I suggest everyone try it if they get the chance.

The place it was held at was cool. They have all the brewing equipment and ingredients you need to make any kind of beer. You pay and make 72-22oz bottles of any beer you like. I didn't get any prices but check it out if you have a chance.

http://www.centralcoastbrewing.com/

Secondary: Empty
Bottle Conditioning: Empty
Drinking: Commercial
RIP:English Special Bitter, American Pale Ale, American Amber Ale, IPA, American Wheat w/Raspberry Puree, Oatmeal Stout, Summit IPA

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply