Music while brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eli_Crow

Reaction score
What music do you listen to when brewing if you listen to anything at all any specific genre or band you listen to while brewing? If so list your brew day playlist

I usually listen to podcasts of The Brewing Network, so the music they play on the breaks is about all. HOWEVER, on last brew day, I got a bug and listened to Eminem instead.

I listen to Pandora. The genres I prefer while brewing are country music and the Blues, depending on my mood.

Another classic rocker here too. I usually start with the Joshua Tree album and go from there.

Almost Famous Brewing Company

Depends on what strikes me at the time. I've brewed to blues, grunge, folk metal, classic rock, and punk. Hard to go wrong with Zeppelin on a brew day, though.

Usually BN. Sometimes The Stones, Zeppelin or Dropkick Murphys.

Usually classic rock but this weekend it was the "I love the 90s" station on slacker.

I watch live tv on my iPad. Usually top gear or brew dogs.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

A strange mix of blues, reggae, and. 60's-70's rock. Stevie ray, ry cooder, jimi, zep. Lots of southern rock too, allman brothers, skynyrd. Odd mix for a 22 year old.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

i just pick a random grateful dead bootleg from my collection...and i always make a note of the show date in my brewing notes

That's a very cool idea. I've been playing Sirius boombox(JamOn or Dead station) Occasionaly some old metal. Time to revive some old cassette boots! Sound quality is lacking, but nothing beats a live show! :mug:

I always queue up things from the country where the style originated.

For example:
Belgian Ales; Gyllion, or Battlecry.
Bock; Helloween, Blind Guardian, Edguy
English Brown Ale; Iron Maiden, Dragonforce
Sahti; Sonata Arctica, Wintersun, Lordi
Pilsner; Fenris, Salamandra

Sometimes I have to research what to listen to before I start... it's kinda fun!

Varies between punk, indie rock, alternative and hip hop. I usually end up naming that day's brew after something connected to the album playing during the brew day.

Mix of classic rock, grunge, progressive rock and even a little metal. With the odd pop song sprinkled in (come on, who doesn't love a little JT). I look a lot like Kate Hansen (well, except for the "I'm a dude" part) on brew days, but with a lot of headbanging.

And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead, Sonic Youth, The Melvins, Alabama Shakes, Gary Clark Jr., anything really...

I just bottled a beer this weekend with a buddy, and when he asked what music I wanted to listen to while we worked, I said, "Oh, anything will do." Needless to say...the experience ended with us drinking our of/passing around the bottling bucket with SLAYER fueling our thirst in the background. It was a smoked porter...so I suppose it wasn't too out of place.

The back porch here is nicknamed 'rhythm & brews'. The tunes are all over from Peter Rowan to del mccoury to bootsie collins to toubab krewe. But when I'm brewing it's the Dead and various offshoots.

Classic heavy metal - Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Accept, Scorpions. Some of the 80's hair metal as well - Motley Crüe, G'n'R, Cinderella. I can just see the little yeasties head-banging to the rhythm.

Back